2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Selfie time

Should have taken it when he was on the ground... Kittel styleeee.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A clown? One of the most successful sprinters of all time. Always thanks his team if he does well. Quickly takes responsibility and apologiises when he makes a mistake. Is as hard as nails and gets up off the deck and crosses the line after a crash and has done that on more than one occasion.

He happens to not be perfect and makes mistakes. He is fiercely competitive and takes risks, but then he is a sprinter.

Sorry Van but your definition of a clown is rather strange to me. You have pretty high standards!

Oh and he left team Sky. That is yet more credit to him in my opinion.

And he also happens to be out if this years race, should rather have swallowed the bitter pill of defeat in front of his home crowd ( he was not in a position to win that sprint) instead of trying to push his way out for a minor placing, clown behaviour in the heat of the moment.

Yes easy for me to say with the benefit if couch and pvr replay

No bones about it he is a brilliant sprinter, but I still don't like him and regret picking him for my team..... :-)

And he also happens to be out if this years race, should rather have swallowed the bitter pill of defeat in front of his home crowd ( he was not in a position to win that sprint) instead of trying to push his way out for a minor placing, clown behaviour in the heat of the moment.

Yes easy for me to say with the benefit if couch and pvr replay

No bones about it he is a brilliant sprinter, but I still don't like him and regret picking him for my team..... :-)

+1, Me exact thoughts, took him out first thing this morning.

Shocking because he himself admitted that he use it before he makes a big effort,

The subject of Chris using asthma inhalers has been well rinsed here and elsewhere, do some reading and get up to speed on the subject before offering your opinion in public, thanks,

http://cdn.velonews.competitor.com/files/2014/07/SPTDW307-660x440.jpg

Chuffed for VIncenzo - hope he keeps it up and contends the top three. Greg van A will be disappointed, the bridesmaid once again, how many times did that happen to him in the Spring Classics? And good to see Michal coming in 3rd, that's good news. What was the point of Peter S going off like that so early, then playing the waiting game in the pack?

Why is Joaquim Rodriguez so far back? :thumbdown:

Undercooked I think

The pace was hot yesterday

He was recovering from rib injuries after the crash at Giro.

Aiming to go big at Vuelta.

Whatever psychological advantage Contador and Froome had over Nibali after the Duaphine is now gone thanks to them worry about Sagan yesterday. Yes Astana will now work harder for longer keeping Nibali in front but psychologically its a 3 way battle now. Good us to watch .

Undercooked I think

The pace was hot yesterday

He was recovering from rib injuries after the crash at Giro.

Aiming to go big at Vuelta.

ah yes, I forgot about the injury. Use tdf as training and KLAP the Vuelta.

ah yes, I forgot about the injury. Use tdf as training and KLAP the Vuelta.

I hope he gets top spot at Vuelta

He'll face up to KIENTANAAH though :-)

Tomorrow's stage

post-12015-0-59027800-1404673472_thumb.jpg

Boring.... Rather watch pandas making out to save their species.

The other two Monday's in the 3 weeks are rest days - this stage is almost as good as a rest day

WOW what a unbelievable start to the Tour. So much going on. Personally I think the pressure is getting to Cav with Kittel, Greipel & other performing so well. Going to be very interesting once they cross the channel and head into the mountains. I don't think Tinkoff will fancy defending yellow for too long. Sky & other contenders must be quietly satisfied with Astana having to do the work. Thanks to my fellow countrymen running thru the streets of Jozi today tipping bins, looting and damaging property I will be watching the stage today.

Whatever psychological advantage Contador and Froome had over Nibali after the Duaphine is now gone thanks to them worry about Sagan yesterday. Yes Astana will now work harder for longer keeping Nibali in front but psychologically its a 3 way battle now. Good us to watch .

I don't think they'll worry one iota over Nibali's stage win yesterday. They might even prefer it, because it takes the pressure of their teams somewhat, because Astana now has to defend the jersey if they choose to.

The big boys come out to play in the mountains.

The subject of Chris using asthma inhalers has been well rinsed here and elsewhere, do some reading and get up to speed on the subject before offering your opinion in public, thanks,

bit uncalled for , but no problem

Archived