2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cobbles, tiny lanes, rain, mud and 190-odd riders all fighting to be in the top 10 positions before the start of each pave sector....

Tomorrow could be like a hand grenade in the peloton. Might be an interesting DNF list at the end. Sh~~, hope my riders all make it through ok.

Team car order for tomorrow, could be a long wait for bike or wheel if your car is too far back post-32242-1404842964,0008.jpg

How is this established? Why is Team Giant Shimano so far down the list?...

How is this established? Why is Team Giant Shimano so far down the list?...

Highest placed rider in GC

Will be mayhem! Could be a day for a few upsets and interesting tactics. Good that they are running a tribute to the past.

Never met my G'pappa, he was a Pom and was on the line at Ypres. Got gassed, survived amid a lot that didn't and was returned to the UK only sucumb not long after.

My folks made a point of whenever we were in Europe to drag us to a commonwealth cemetery, especially in Flanders and Nth France. Those things are staggering, the crosses go on for ever. it taught us a good set of lessons on many levels.

Well so froome for xrays and boy if he is able to ride tomorrow that wrist sure is going to take a beating on the cobbles.

post-12015-0-84405100-1404847918_thumb.jpg

Sjoewie.

I just watched the stage.. shees the way Sagan made his way back and then on Kittel's wheel amd maneuvers so well through the riders with no space .. hell bells cav should ask for lessons..it's possible to get through a non existing gap without headbuts. And then still have enough left to get 4th. .

Tours are a funny thing when you think about it..

someone to Kittle,

how your tour going ?

Kittle, good I have won 3 of 4 stages !

amazing ,so you winning ?

um no, not even top 10 !

Cobbles today.......hope Spartacus can put this one in the bag :thumbup:

only reason he is in my virtual team...and TT stages of course

Go fabian :thumbup:

Trek Factory Racing will likely give Spartacus free reign for today. If he gets enough of a gap on the flats he might even be thinking of the maillot jeune.

However, I don't really see him (or Martin) as contenders for the ITT on stage 20. It's hilly, and it's the penultimate stage of the tour. The top guys like Froome and Contador will be going for the win there. Maybe even someone like Chavanel will do well on this parcours:

post-22004-0-47043700-1404883600_thumb.png

Is it from that fall yesterday? Stupid farking Pommie standing in the road like a lost puppy.

Andy Schleck did not take the start in stage 4 of the Tour de France due to the consequences of his crash in the final 25 kilometers of stage 3. His right knee is severely swollen with blood. The collateral ligaments are damaged and there’s a lesion in the meniscus.

“This is a huge blow for me. I went on the rollers as soon as we arrived in Le Touquet, to get the muscles and tendons warmed up, but the pain is too much. I believed until that moment that I would start. I think I ignored the pain somehow, hiding it in the back of my head.”

- Andy Schleck

Schleck will travel to Basel for further examination and possibly surgery.

“Andy will undergo an MRI-scan of the knee and we will subsequently decide if an operation is necessary. He’s clearly in a lot of pain and starting would be a very bad idea. We tried all treatments that we have at our disposition in competition, but the injury is too severe to have him racing.”

- Team doctor Andreas Gösele.

“I’m hugely disappointed. I was so happy to be here, racing with Fränk in the Tour again. I was so happy be part of the race and be good and competitive. I’m sad to let the team down, to let Frank down. I was ready to help him defend his GC ambitions. I felt I was progressing, everything was coming back.”

- Andy Schleck.

I know many if not most people have written his career off, but i was and am still hoping for a resurrection, maybe next year, but for which team?

I am putting this out there, this is the day that we will see Sagan in 3 different jerseys. Any bets?

I am putting this out there, this is the day that we will see Sagan in 3 different jerseys. Any bets?

I'll bite.......its not going to happen. Perfect day for a breakaway to succeed. GC contenders will be happy to hide and survive.

Archived