Standing up to peddel.

I try to stay seated most of the time, but if its a looonnngggg uphill I tend to stand now and then. It gives other muscles a chance to work harder. The people that know says that if you stand, switch to a higher gear and then when sitting again, switch to lower gear.

Sprinting the last stretch also helps like Kranswurm said, makes your legs get used to standing, gives you more power as well. I try and sprint (or ride as fast as possible) the last km

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of like girls not being able to stand and pee?

That's not true, I tell you. I have seen it with my own eyes! They can do it.

Sort of like girls not being able to stand and pee?

That's not true, I tell you. I have seen it with my own eyes! They can do it. (no mess on the shoes even)

I try to stay seated most of the time, but if its a looonnngggg uphill I tend to stand now and then. It gives other muscles a chance to work harder. The people that know says that if you stand, switch to a higher gear and then when sitting again, switch to lower gear.

Sprinting the last stretch also helps like Kranswurm said, makes your legs get used to standing, gives you more power as well. I try and sprint (or ride as fast as possible) the last km

I agree go 1 or 2 gears lower.

An interesting exercise I did as junior and starting u/23 was to remove your seat and seatpost and go for a 3 hour ride. You will feel the burn all over your body.

An interesting exercise I did as junior and starting u/23 was to remove your seat and seatpost and go for a 3 hour ride. You will feel the burn all over your body.

Interesting is not the correct word for 3 hour ride with no saddle!

I can just imagine the threads next week. "went out for some interesting exercise, now what?"

Say no more.My saddle broke going up the pass on day one of the Hell and Back

My legs were finished on day 2

Is there a specific technique to it?

Technique? Lets not go there. Too many different opinions.

Training: Lots more riding, and if you really want to sort out the problem asap, start doing squats and lunges in the gym. That will have you standing and climbing like a doped up Lance Armstrong

Come on....admit it...you didn't really remove the seat post too? :whistling:

Come on....admit it...you didn't really remove the seat post too? :whistling:

Well, I do wear a pad (in my shorts) most days :ph34r:

Edited by JA-Q001