Dreamy Long Travel / AM Hardtails

Hairy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo.... can one take a jump bike like a NS Holy 1 and run this with a long travel fork and then also get a decent seat post in there to actually be able to pedal the bloody thing?

This bike has my interest

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzQ5WDEwMDA=/z/MrkAAMXQrC9SbWbd/$T2eC16NHJGIFFoTmFfWzBSbWbcjDpw~~48_20.JPG

Soooo.... can one take a jump bike like a NS Holy 1 and run this with a long travel fork and then also get a decent seat post in there to actually be able to pedal the bloody thing?

This bike has my interest

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzQ5WDEwMDA=/z/MrkAAMXQrC9SbWbd/$T2eC16NHJGIFFoTmFfWzBSbWbcjDpw~~48_20.JPG

I had the old SC Jackal that had the hump in the toptube which can handle up to 160mm fork. I thought I would give it a try as a spruit rat bike. It was amazingly capable at freeride, anything downhill and jumping (I really felt that I was capable of jumping on that bike, which I cannot do in real life) but was way too cramped for a pedal bike. But it really depends on the geometry of the jump bike an the rider's size.

I had the old SC Jackal that had the hump in the toptube which can handle up to 160mm fork. I thought I would give it a try as a spruit rat bike. It was amazingly capable at freeride, anything downhill and jumping (I really felt that I was capable of jumping on that bike, which I cannot do in real life) but was way too cramped for a pedal bike. But it really depends on the geometry of the jump bike an the rider's size.

Installed a dropper on the Jamis. It is a low but long bike so it should make for a comfortable pedaling bike. Feels almost the same as my Morewood. Will post some really good pics later.