Rant - safe cycling this morning

Oufy MTB (Roadie)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a meter or 2 behind a truck belching exhaust fumes ..yuck cannot be good for you. I honestly don't know how the roadies manage to ride in all those fumes ..don't people use car exhaust to kill themselves? :ph34r:

Ja, he's mad.

But who among us hasn't once-in-a-while found ourselves doing something crazy/stupid/dumb/mad.

Hope he had a great time.

Hope he's clever enough to realise that the risks make this a once-off jol...

Its a freeway, its illegal to ride a peddle bicycle on it.

So all those who see no problem with it , shut the f@ck when you want to complain about Taxi driver's showing no regard for the road rules..ok ?

The very problem with this country everyone thinks the rules don't apply to him!

And if he crashed , the resultant traffic jam he would cause whilst they scraped him of road would be enough to ensure I drove over him anyway for being inconsiderate to all the other road users..

If roadies drive to slow people complain. Now they keep up to traffic and people complain. Make up your minds ffs. As far as I remember cyclists are regarded as a vehicle on the road and now this guy embraces his right and gets shamed for it. and don't come with following distance because that's the normal following distance in Gauteng to make sure you don't allow for other cars to push in front of you. :ph34r:

I'm gonna do this in my hub kit, want to see how many free pictures I can get of me on my bike :whistling:

If roadies drive to slow people complain. Now they keep up to traffic and people complain. Make up your minds ffs. As far as I remember cyclists are regarded as a vehicle on the road and now this guy embraces his right and gets shamed for it. and don't come with following distance because that's the normal following distance in Gauteng to make sure you don't allow for other cars to push in front of you. :ph34r:

I'm gonna do this in my hub kit, want to see how many free pictures I can get of me on my bike :whistling:

This is most then likely why there is traffic jams to begin with, people won't let others in which results in a traffic jam behind that car, be considerate and let at least one car in. Not enough consideration on the road or anywhere for that matter for our fellow human friends.

This is most then likely why there is traffic jams to begin with, people won't let others in which results in a traffic jam behind that car, be considerate and let at least one car in. Not enough consideration on the road or anywhere for that matter for our fellow human friends.

Come drive in Joburg. If I allow one car to push in front of me at the off-ramp and they do the same to a fellow road user and the trend continues then it will take me an extra 2 hours to get to work. I plan my trip and I know to get into the correct lane way before I get to the off-ramp but you unfortunately get people that cant/refuse to wait an extra 10min and demand to drive past the queue and push in front. Nope, I'm generally very considerate and tolerate a lot but some people beg to have a Hilux imprint on their car's arse.

Ps. All was written tong in cheek. Trolling a bit :D

Edited by Hennie VR

If it is illegal to cycle on that road - that is an issue. No lights and not visible - def an issue! Nothing more.

He looks very familiar, like a former pro, recently banned? Looks just like him...

Most roadies have jumped slip before, but this is pretty brazen! And not very clever as its a busy road by the looks of it.

Clearly some people could care less

Only problem I see is that it seems to be a highway. He should have picked a truck that does about 80 or so. Not just 64 km/h

Yes I agree totally WTF 64 km/h what a woes :)

Come drive in Joburg. If I allow one car to push in front of me at the off-ramp and they do the same to a fellow road user and the trend continues then it will take me an extra 2 hours to get to work. I plan my trip and I know to get into the correct lane way before I get to the off-ramp but you unfortunately get people that cant/refuse to wait an extra 10min and demand to drive past the queue and push in front. Nope, I'm generally very considerate and tolerate a lot but some people beg to have a Hilux imprint on their car's arse.

Ps. All was written tong in cheek. Trolling a bit :D

I'm up in Jozie again in two weeks, I will drive on the Monday morning and get some practice for my planned move.

Haha! 64kph is not slow given that it looks uphill? Is this in the Cape?

Once saw two guys on track bikes behind a truck on the JHB/Vereeniging highway. One guy didnt even have a helmet on! The mind boggles!

With regards to my previous post, should I be wrong in thinking it is who I have implied, then my upfront apologies to you mr unnamed rider

Only those who have never done a bit of motor pacing behind a truck may comment on this - the rest of us know the feeling !

Motor pacing behind a truck rocks!!!!!!!! Been doing it since I was a kid. Apparently it's dangerous. My mom warned me about it 40 years ago but I never could resist it.

If that is a freeway that is not cool. Have to agree with that. No excuses.