This is a warrantee claim right?

wonduhboy

After this weekend's trailseeker, I noticed this slight abnormality on my frame

post-508-0-90964000-1383495632_thumb.jpg

It's a Giant XTC 29er.

Warrantee right?

They will ask you how far seat tube was inserted. If not deep enough, you might ha e issues with warranty. Generally they are quite good.

Most definitely.

Out of interest, how much is actually still intact? Because it looks like a few more bumps and there would have been a lot of pain that would have gone your way.

They will ask you how far seat tube was inserted. If not deep enough, you might ha e issues with warranty. Generally they are quite good.

I'm not too tall, so BB to Saddle was 76cm, so seatpost should have been in enough

Most definitely.

Out of interest, how much is actually still intact? Because it looks like a few more bumps and there would have been a lot of pain that would have gone your way.

that's the thing, it's completely sheared off, nothing connected still.

Only noticed it when I hung the bike up at home...

Pretty scary

that's the thing, it's completely sheared off, nothing connected still.

Only noticed it when I hung the bike up at home...

Pretty scary

The cycling gods smiled with you with this one.

Yoh.

Same thing, same place happened to my Anthem, one ride after the K2C. Only noticed it when I washed my bike after the ride.

No fuss warranty frame swap from Giant, though I had to wait more than a week for the new frame. Your LBS may charge you for the rebuild.

How does Giant ever make a profit after having to swop every 3rd frame out under warranty after they crack?

Selling commuter bikes in China, ridden by little chines midgets that weigh 40 kg and travel 10 km a day to work. with a popilation of a couple of billion people. I had one Giant, never ever ever ever again.

Selling commuter bikes in China, ridden by little chines midgets that weigh 40 kg and travel 10 km a day to work. with a popilation of a couple of billion people. I had one Giant, never ever ever ever again.

Schalk - you should ride mine. You'd change your ourkook, even if only for one model!

Looks like a clear cut warranty claim but remember, you need to be the original purchaser too. Second hand bikes don't keep their warranty.

@ Malpiet, careful using using Google/Forums as your source for "common" bicycle problems. People only post when they have problems so you may find 50 incidences which may seem a lot, but maybe 50'000 of that model was sold.