94.7 MTB Race bottle necks

Spinsei

I was in A2 so had no hassles, but the kids did 15k from C2 and Mrs. Spinsei did the 30k from B2 and had 30 minute bottlenecks in the single track... not cool... should I be pissed off or should it be expected?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in A2 so had no hassles, but the kids did 15k from C2 and Mrs. Spinsei did the 30k from B2 and had 30 minute bottlenecks in the single track... not cool... should I be pissed off or should it be expected?

I think you should be somewhat irritable, I was in A3 and was frustrated tremendously. The organizers should take heed of what has been learnt at the other large events: start early, smaller groups and 15 minute intervals between group start times.

Due to the size of this event, I doubt this will completely resolve the issue, but it will certainly help.

Just saw on facebook that some 55km riders were stopped due to bottlenecks and told to do 33 odd km....not good!! But after riding the course today there was only one place that caused bottle necks the rest was open and fast flowing. Not sure what the solution is bar smaller batches based on sas seedlings.

You should know the race is suppose to be called the 94.7 Bottleneck MTB race. Happened previous years. Too commercial too many entries.

They shouldn't have added that section of single track. Big mistake. The rest of the route was cool. I'm glad I started in A2. The worst I had was a walk through there, no waiting.

There is nothing like experience ! I did not even consider doing the the bottleneck 94.7 .Groenkloof was a treat with my son as always .There are only 3proper mtb events left in Gauteng for the year .Babbas ,Voriberg and Rust de winter .Choose one or all 3 .I have done all of them and they are all worthwhile

My first 94.7 mtb, they started me in A7 55km, after 17km, the worst bottelneck ever, push the bike for 45min, not fun, after that was it was open, was fun in the end... But way to long to on bike for 55km. The Sun killed me...

Painful. Strava told me I did a solid 21 minutes over that 1.5km single track section. Otherwise race was ok. Doubt I'll be back for a while.

Next year it's the road race for me.

Maybe some of these bottleneck sheep will consider entering Enduros?

At this stage Enduro has 50 to 100 entrants. Such a brilliant format: you give the guy ahead of you a minute or two, start the clock and then bomb down the single track after him. You usually don't even see any other riders on your runs.