Hit and Run in Bloemfontein

Vetseun

Good God!

So sorry to hear that, here you are riding with your son enjoying quality time and this lowest form of excrement does this? Pleased to hear no serious injuries

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear you guys are all okay, especially your son. Looking at the pics, you guys are lucky it wasn't worse. Let's hope justice is dealt out to this driver.

Bloksom :eek: dis beslis Engele om julle wat die hand oor julle gehou het ou maat...sterkte en hou ons asseblief op hoogte van daai gemors in die Isuzu bakkie :wacko: hope they throw the Legal books at him!!!

Skip die bar en gaan reguit tronk toe... :whistling:

Sterkte vir jou laaitie en jou pel :thumbup:

Dont think this bike will ride again

Should polish right out.... :( :(

Glad you guys are ok - don't think we could feed Carpet enough to get over the shock if you were not...

Heal up well chaps, let us know if we can help in ANY way.

Glad you guys are OK'ish! There's so much carnage on the roads and cyclists + pedestrians don't have a "cage" for protection.

Thursday night mtb night ride in Midrand, friends of mine also got knocked over by a drunk white lady driver in her 30s. They were riding offroad, next to the road along the tree line. She fortunately just missed all the riders except the front rider. He has a few bruises, but all of them said they were lucky to have escaped with their lives! They all have proper front and rear lights for those who were wondering...

The lady attempted to escape the scene by driving off, but her car was too badly damaged. The Police and ambulance arrived soon and she was handcuffed and thrown in the back of the van to sleep it off at jail.

The last picture was taken the following day to show the trees she took out, which helped to slow her down a bit as she was also speeding.

post-4329-0-04373600-1384246389_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-18539900-1384246399_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-16783500-1384246407_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-31208300-1384246422_thumb.jpg

Glad you guys are OK'ish! There's so much carnage on the roads and cyclists + pedestrians don't have a "cage" for protection.

Thursday night mtb night ride in Midrand, friends of mine also got knocked over by a drunk white lady driver in her 30s. They were riding offroad, next to the road along the tree line. She fortunately just missed all the riders except the front rider. He has a few bruises, but all of them said they were lucky to have escaped with their lives! They all have proper front and rear lights for those who were wondering...

The lady attempted to escape the scene by driving off, but her car was too badly damaged. The Police and ambulance arrived soon and she was handcuffed and thrown in the back of the van to sleep it off at jail.

The last picture was taken the following day to show the trees she took out, which helped to slow her down a bit as she was also speeding.

And this is where people turn around and say this dumb bitch should get off as "everyone makes mistakes". NO. This bitch deserves a decent length of time in jail, not just one night "to sleep it off".

And this is where people turn around and say this dumb bitch should get off as "everyone makes mistakes". NO. This bitch deserves a decent length of time in jail, not just one night "to sleep it off".

"everyone makes mistakes" but they should at least reimberse those that have suffered as a result. So if they hurt or break, then they must pay the hospital bills, and replace that which is broken.

If however they take a life, then the law is rather biblical, in a life for a life. which means jail time thank you.

Due dilligence is another thing. It is amazing how many drunk drivers, drive recklessly and over the speed limit. Until recently driving under the influence was not seen as a legal argument to reduce intent. I remember from Varsity we were taught that if the accused was drunk and driving, then he could not argue lack of intent. This may have changed since democracy came to South Africa.

Vettes. Ek is bly julle is alright. As n pa van twee kan ek net dink watse koue rillings jy kry as jy aan jou seun dink. Sterkte daar. Ek werk elke nou en dan in Bloem. Sal jou graag wil ontmoet as ek weer daar deur kom.

Sterkte, and hope the bastard gets his due deserts

Unfortunately in reality nothing will happen. Take into account the drunken, arrested driver who sped away after hitting a cyclist in PMB. I think the cyclist did pass away=murder. I was slammed for taking this viewpoint but I was right.

What happened to him?zIP, nADDA, NOTHING,

Just thankful you are all o'k.

Strengths

Unfortunately in reality nothing will happen. Take into account the drunken, arrested driver who sped away after hitting a cyclist in PMB. I think the cyclist did pass away=murder. I was slammed for taking this viewpoint but I was right.

What happened to him?zIP, nADDA, NOTHING,

Just thankful you are all o'k.

Strengths

Well if nothing comes of this, believe me we (Bloem Mtbers) will do something about it.

Archived