94,7 road race your time on MTB?

militarac

3:50 on my Trance XO , NN/RR knoblies.Done it in 3:32 a few years ago on same bike with MK/RK combo. suffered a bit as i am very unfit ( 95kg/ average HR 157). Only training ride was previous weeks MTB queue event so pretty chuffed nonetheless.Big :thumbup: to all the knobly riders who did it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4:08:48

Super stoked after 6 months off the bike and only 2 x 15km Spruit rides and the 55km MTB challenge the week before as prep.

Peter Stuyvesant hasn't really helped my cause in the last six months either.

All us mtb should group together and ride as one on road races like these, imagine the expression on a roadies face as a train of mtb'er pass them :whistling:

I did a road race a few weekends ago on my mtb. I did the shorter route so when the one group came passed me for their second lap of longer route I jumped onto the back of their train at 50km/h average, eventually when they started moving around and saw me there they gave me DUK skeef looks, felt very cheeky ^_^

What's with the MTB guys cramping up ?

Cant take the pace ? :whistling:

Haha, love and peace guys :thumbup:

Its a bit disconcerting hearing the hum of those tyres creeping up behind you on the uphills,

only to be drowned by the wind in your ears, when you head off downhill again.

I saw quite a few guys (and girls) that fitted road tyres and wheels for this race.

Didn't know you could even do that.

They were all better equipped than me with those camelbacks.

Bringing me to the point.

I would have thought that with all the extra hydration, cramping would be less of a problem?

3:30 and a bit on knobbies.

I had a k@k race tho - I was expecting 3:15 and hoping against hope for a sub-3.

Had not much, and disrupted, sleep Fri and Sat nights - started feeling tired and flat and it didn't improve from there.

Next year.

4 hours, including two stops to drink the beer we brought, as well as a burger stop on the Krugersdorp highway garage

Well done to all the guys on Knobbies, i have officially made my mind up and i shall do the race next year on my Momsen AL229.

Gaol : 3.5 - 4 Hours

Prep Starts Tomorrow, and i think i shall do "the Fast one" in Meyerton in January to try and get a results for seeding.

Anyone want to join in and make a Knobbies crowed?