Which saddle for MTB endurance , marathons , Epic

Anticlimb

Hi All . Next year will do my first Cape Epic . Been doing long rides and feeling pressure in the waterworks dept . Have been looking at the Selle Italia max slr gel flow .

It has a nice gap in the middle section which will relieve pressure . Any other suggestions ?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get a fit done to get the correct width, you can ride the best but if it is to narrow you wont enjoy it

Get measured first, its so important. Some stores let you test ride saddles.

I would try the phenom or a Gobi. I can go all day on my Gobi without any pain.

Check out this list, its helpful.

I bought a new mtb. Went for my second ride yesterday and today my left foot and leg feels a bit numb...Might the saddle be the problem? I have been cycling for some years and have never experienced it. I currently have a Fizik tundra 2 saddle on. On my road bike I have a carbon rock hard saddle which feels more comfy :huh:

Hi All . Next year will do my first Cape Epic . Been doing long rides and feeling pressure in the waterworks dept . Have been looking at the Selle Italia max slr gel flow .

It has a nice gap in the middle section which will relieve pressure . Any other suggestions ?

Specialized Phenom.

Phenom for the last 4 yrs on both Road and MTB. Moved from a Fizik Aliante.....

Edited by Mackem

Personal choice, what works for others may not for you...

Phenom gel and Gobi kill me, probably good if you got lots of padding under your sitbones either naturally or with chamois or whatever they call those padded girly pants :P

WTB Pure V race is the one for me, substantial plush padding for my skinny ass works really well.

I bought a new mtb. Went for my second ride yesterday and today my left foot and leg feels a bit numb...Might the saddle be the problem? I have been cycling for some years and have never experienced it. I currently have a Fizik tundra 2 saddle on. On my road bike I have a carbon rock hard saddle which feels more comfy :huh:

Tundra 2 came stock on my bike...

IT

DID

NOT

AGREE

WITH

MY

ASS

But the key words there are "MY ass".

Personal choice, what works for others may not for you...

Phenom gel and Gobi kill me, probably good if you got lots of padding under your sitbones either naturally or with chamois or whatever they call those padded girly pants :P

WTB Pure V race is the one for me, substantial plush padding for my skinny ass works really well.

+1

Phenom gives too little padding for my skinny ass, henge works a treat.