The Empire Strikes Back: Specialized Sues A Bike Shop Over Name

Bad Girl

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I suppose that the old French king should then sue Spaz RE the using of his old towns name in one of their bike ranges.

IMHO, really SPAZ!!!!!

Ah the wonder of social media! That FB page is getting pretty cramp with complaints- PR disaster in the making!

Trending on Google and Twitter as well.

Social media rocks (sometimes)

I think the irrelevance and impact that this little bike shop couldve had on Specialized, had they just let it be, are on the other side of the universe compared to the damage now done as a result of their greed and media's massive appetite to devour the big guns

Corporate empires often get anal over issues like this - there is little or no compassion. And how can anyone register the name of the town and famous cycling race as a trademark? that should be contested in court.

Surely he can "crowdfund" (or whatever) to fund the legal defence, like Paul Kimmage did. Other cycling web sites have picked up the story and there are similar sentiments there ie cycling news

Anyway great PR for his shop!

Personally not Spez fan at all .... don't like their modus operandi in general.

Hey, lets club together and start sending him some cash to fight the good fight?

that shop just needs to churn out more jerseys and he'll crowdsource enough funds to buy spesh. I'll gladly buy a jersey!

Its funny reading about this because I watched Klunkerz for the first time this week, in the film its very clear that specialized stole the first stumpjumper frame design from Tom Ritchey, Specialized took a complete Ritchey frame over to Japan and had thousands of copies made, I mean come on! What a w*nker brand.