[Event] MTN NATIONAL MTB SERIES #1 Dullstroom

Tim_Fair

Where is Fritz and the people from Advendurance? They must come and explain what went wrong here on this thread!

C'mon okes. It 1 day after the event and a Sunday to boot.

I'm sure there will be a debrief when they're back home and have some time to absorb the reviews.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh, not good to hear that they ran out of liquid.

As for the timing.. I can get why some are upset about it. I don't particularly get peeved about timing, I always just go by my own timing devise cause I only compete against myself. But some really work hard to improve their seedings and so on. Hope they sort out all the issues before the next one.

C'mon okes. It 1 day after the event and a Sunday to boot.

I'm sure there will be a debrief when they're back home and have some time to absorb the reviews.

They had the time and energy to comment on Twitter, how about doing the same on South Africa's largest cycling website??

They had the time and energy to comment on Twitter, how about doing the same on South Africa's largest cycling website??

Twitter takes a few seconds. Reading multiple pages of wow takes longer...

I don't think 48 hours in unreasonable but each to their own.

Twitter takes a few seconds. Reading multiple pages of wow takes longer...

I don't think 48 hours in unreasonable but each to their own.

I suspect the reading has been done already, it's the response I'm interested in. I suspect some damage control is being planned as we speak.

Something along the lines of

"we promise to take your concerns into consideration for future events"

or

"The team responsible for the water tables will get a stern talking to"

or

"an unhappy President Jacob Zuma says his critics were “unfair” to depict him as “corrupt” regarding spending on security upgrades at his private Nkandla homestead".

Perhaps Mac can help out a little here??

I suspect the reading has been done already, it's the response I'm interested in. I suspect some damage control is being planned as we speak.

Something along the lines of

"we promise to take your concerns into consideration for future events"

or

"The team responsible for the water tables will get a stern talking to"

or

"an unhappy President Jacob Zuma says his critics were “unfair” to depict him as “corrupt” regarding spending on security upgrades at his private Nkandla homestead".

Perhaps Mac can help out a little here??

Or you could actually wait for the response and judge instead of prejudging.

The no water was because of drolle in front washed there bikes with it. They don't plan for that kind of stupid people.

You complain about walking 2km to your car but want to cycle 20km or 75km race?

The wash bay accounted for pre paid people and maybe some additional people then they had to go thru 1000+ bikes and you complain?

I agree on the routes merging at the end and slowing things down a bit. But if your not paid to race then just check your own time and work out time lost or whatever.

Fair point - this is thehub after all. You grab the pitchforks and feathers - I'll warm up the tar :D

Haha, give that man a Bells!

The no water was because of drolle in front washed there bikes with it. They don't plan for that kind of stupid people.

You complain about walking 2km to your car but want to cycle 20km or 75km race?

The wash bay accounted for pre paid people and maybe some additional people then they had to go thru 1000+ bikes and you complain?

I agree on the routes merging at the end and slowing things down a bit. But if your not paid to race then just check your own time and work out time lost or whatever.

No complaints about parking being 2 k's away........it was that damn hill to ride up to get there.

When I saw the washbay queue Inrinsed my bike with a hose round the corner an washed at home.

Running out of water was not great, especially when you plan your ride around getting water at a water point, but I agree, probably was guys washing their bikes with it.

Merging of routes at end of these races is always an issue......yet nobody learns.

I still think the route and race outweigh some of the negatives. In the end it is actually about the ride.

And my time was spot on in the results so can't comment on that.

My wife was at the 3rd WP and watched the 1st riders come through, she says none of the riders were washing bikes at the WP. They just did to have enough, a few 25l containers of water. When I stopped there they were just starting the river runs and they had a only a few 25l containers to fetch it in.

It is the the poor ladies at the WP's fault, they had never done anything like this before and had no idea what to expect. Credit to them for trying to make a plan and not packing up and going home.

Advendurance can put their hands up for this one. It is their responsibility to make sure the WP have the equipment to handle the requirements. It is pre entry race, no excuses for not knowing the numbers and what to expect. They have been doing this long enough.

It was always going to be the risk of using a new venue and does not have the advantage of the tried and tested.

It was a great course, except for the merging at the end.

Lets get SS Timing back for the results, those guys know what they are doing and run a decent operation.

Powasol, that was a joke. Fair of them to give the pre booked riders preference, but don't get greedy and take on more than they can handle.

The shower trailers were a win.

Learn, improve otherwise we vote with our feet.

i actually enjoyed the event :) got nothing to complain about except... they know how many people entered they know how many people didnt donate their medals and still they dont have enough medals at the end to give a real mtn dullstroom medal instead of a cheap thin air adventures one ?

also anyone know where to get photos of the event ?

eish need to strip that dual sus today and get all the mud out and regrease everything :S