Woolworths overnight Hyper food inflation!

Icycling

Zuma looks after his family. And off I go to my holiday super resort in KZN homelands. Happy guilt-free holidays everyone ;)

Just pulling your leg. Obviously WW isn't as evil as JZ, but they both having an easy time fleecing an ignorant public.

Let's not forget that the chicken run at Nkandla is a security feature… :whistling:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be OK if they were "chickens", but they are more like "pigeons". Where do they find such small "chickens" ??

Thats the size chickens are supposed to be! Its only since they started with GM and dodgy farming practices that they got so big... this would be a nice explanation (woolies looking out for us with nice organic rotisserie chickens) but I think schweinehund probably has it right..

WW could source bigger chickens, but they aren't interested in value for money.

Smaller chickens = lower cost and quicker roasting = bigger profits.

And in true WW style they'd probably try to convince ppl that they're doing them a favour. LMAO

How much of these price increases are due to the reserve bank increasing the Rands in circulation, and stiffing their coffers in the process?

Don't know, but you can tell us.

I noticed the other day that the new Pringles cans are smaller. You now get 110 grams instead of 165grams, and you pay the same price for two thirds of product, or gram for gram, an increase of 50% in the price.

Woolworths looks after their staff. I allows my wife to come home with a bonus fatter than most woman asses. And off we go on an aeroplane Holliday

Come again?

My wife always complains about the price of food. I never go shopping so I dont really know. I went to Woolies the other day for a FEW items. The bill came to R500 I was quite shocked. 2L milk = R23 ?!

I noticed the other day that the new Pringles cans are smaller. You now get 110 grams instead of 165grams, and you pay the same price for two thirds of product, or gram for gram, an increase of 50% in the price.

Did you notice the muffins also got smaller by about 50% I noticed immediately :) They did not even bother changing the packaging. So now it looks like tiny little muffins in oversized packaging.

Edited by Seeker911

Did you notice the muffins also got smaller by about 50% I noticed immediately :) They did not even bother changing the packaging. So now it looks like tiny little muffins in oversized packaging.

Maybe they increased the size of the packaging.......just to bring some excitement into your life

You are eating a dead animal, why are you worried about the smell?!

If the meat is off, I get worried about the smell.

When we used to have those good old butchers, you always knew the one you went to, was the one that smelt clean.

Tonight the fuel price increase by I think something like 30c a L and the current price is about R12.00 I don't have the exact number but close enough - WOW 2.5% increase! Already on my cycle this morning I noticed fuel station fuller than normal.

My point is regardless of the date been 1 day apart - it is very rare to see a rice change by 100% overnight. The expiry date validates the overnight price change. So either you were ripped off or you going to be ripped off! These are both marked prices not special prices! The only reason why I looked at the watermelon prices was I was at WW and PnP price when I bought last was R30.00 about 4 days ago, so I was expect to pay up o R40.00 at WW but the 1st price I saw was the R59.99 then noticed 1 at R29.99 and investigated!

I completely understand some retailer marking down food on the sell by date 2 hours before closing of the store - that make complete business sense to reduce wastage!

When we used to have those good old butchers, you always knew the one you went to, was the one that smelt clean.

True. If the meat counter smells bad, I start to wonder about hygiene and if the meat has not expired. In any case, your best meat you still only get at a proper butcher shop, not your supermarkets, and most probably cheaper as well

True, I was thinking more about the smell of ' cut meat' as opposed to the smell of rotting meat.

When we used to eat meat we made it a habit to open all packets in the supermarket and smell the contents!

Tonight the fuel price increase by I think something like 30c a L and the current price is about R12.00 I don't have the exact number but close enough - WOW 2.5% increase! Already on my cycle this morning I noticed fuel station fuller than normal.

My point is regardless of the date been 1 day apart - it is very rare to see a rice change by 100% overnight. The expiry date validates the overnight price change. So either you were ripped off or you going to be ripped off! These are both marked prices not special prices! The only reason why I looked at the watermelon prices was I was at WW and PnP price when I bought last was R30.00 about 4 days ago, so I was expect to pay up o R40.00 at WW but the 1st price I saw was the R59.99 then noticed 1 at R29.99 and investigated!

I completely understand some retailer marking down food on the sell by date 2 hours before closing of the store - that make complete business sense to reduce wastage!

You will notice the price of fruit decreases as we go into full season, check the prices of grapes etc, it's supply and demand. Nothing new, happens every year.

You will notice the price of fruit decreases as we go into full season, check the prices of grapes etc, it's supply and demand. Nothing new, happens every year.

Agree and since most farmers are on holiday this week, there is a shortage.

My local fruit shop (where I also get quality meat from) explained to me why I should not buy meat in the week of Christmas and the new year. By the second week prices return to normal as they no longer have a supply issue.

But i'm off to go braai my R80/kg Porterhouse Steak that I bought earlier this month before the mad rush :)