Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

One place I will never save weight is tyres. The teams that seem to be having tyre problems are running Conti and Spez. both these companies make "protection" type tyres so I guess they like fixing punctures or are prepared to loose the race for being a weight weenie. :ph34r:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was one muddy stage - respect!!

post-42648-0-32345000-1395749783_thumb.jpg

What material is that, just a piece of plastic or what?

Is it meant to be some sort of mud gaurd? - it does not seem to be working :ph34r:

Awesome pics, please keep them coming

Have guessed the same, but it seems crazy to come all this way and do that with all the resources Scott make available, just for training....

It's purely for publicity.

It sells bikes afterall.

Is it meant to be some sort of mud gaurd? - it does not seem to be working :ph34r:

My guess is it started out as a flat mudguard that got pushed up as the mud built up on the tyre.

Just a guess though.

Mannie just finished on this Fat Bike. :clap: Oh and there are still 660 rider on course. :blink:

You biscuit (mannie)

Oh hell good luck to those still out there

Just a tough piece of material. has to be flexible so the lower legs of the fork can still move up and down freely.

post-40232-0-37321000-1395750539_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spoke101

You guys are aware that Schurter specializes in XCO? The fact that he is riding the Epic does not mean he can win the Epic.

Maybe this was more about giving Phil the best possible partner for him to do the best he could and not the other way around as every one thinks?

You guys are aware that Schurter specializes in XCO? The fact that he is riding the Epic does not mean he can win the Epic.

Spot on, having spoken with Philip, they wanted to do as well as possible and maybe sneak a stage or something, but they are both XC racers at the end of the day - a sub 2 hour race, this is just not the same kettle of fish. Could he win it? Possibly! Should Scott sign a serious marathon racer to partner him just for this?? They have the world XC champion on their team, that is their focus, that is Nino's focus - I'm guessing they probably understand this all a little better than us :blush:

We all know XCO vs XCM and what Shurter's real ambitions for the year are. He wears the World Champ jersey quite proudly every day after all.

As a spectator to the race, it is however interesting to see him looking so strong and capable of dropping the hammer, yet holding back to keep this just a training ride... He would be such a contender at face value

Maybe this was more about giving Phil the best possible partner for him to do the best he could and not the other way around as every one thinks?

Does Phil have any chance....realistically? Yes he is a great guy but has he ever podiumed in a local Ultra? I think the expectations are unrealistic.

Its probably a tube that's been cut open, fastened to the crown and brace with zip ties, easy peasy, cheap and light...

it s a bit of inner tube stretched between the lowers arch and the crown to stop mud building up around the fork arch and clogging up the seals

Jeez, those mud monster photos are HECTIC.

Respect to all those that even finished.