Vegetable gardens at home.

Mojoman

Thats much better.

But i have another piece that gets full sun as well.

Maybe that one will be better suited.

Is there such a thing as too much sun for veggies?

Most vegetables only grow in full sun. In December and January the hottest months i put up shade netting as this time of the year the sun will burn the vegetables. Last thing remember don't plant to close to the wall, as the wall gives off too much heat.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW any way of dealing with Birds, they are shredding the Kale and I have hung CD's from a Framework but they just dont give a crap.

I tried something similar with tin foil which also did not work. I'm going to try plastic snakes...

Got home last night thinking that I could dig into the two dozen cherry tomatoes that I saw on my plants the morning. The little tomato thief beat me to them.

My 3yr old cannot resist them and I don't blame her. I always said to my wife that I could never get angry with the kids for eating healthy every time they raid my patch.

We have a major monkey problem. If I build an enclosure and cover it with shade cloth will that hamper the veges growth?

We have a major monkey problem. If I build an enclosure and cover it with shade cloth will that hamper the veges growth?

Use chicken mesh or something like 10% shade cloth should be fine.

How do you keep the butternut from taking over?Wife gave the kids some seeds to plant.Few months later I could provide SA with butternut.Eventually removed them.

How do you keep the butternut from taking over?Wife gave the kids some seeds to plant.Few months later I could provide SA with butternut.Eventually removed them.

My sister inlaw is growing it as a creeper vine kind of thing like a"rank plant" I'll ask for picks. It is growng nicely and it is ornimental.

Got home last night thinking that I could dig into the two dozen cherry tomatoes that I saw on my plants the morning. The little tomato thief beat me to them.

My 3yr old cannot resist them and I don't blame her. I always said to my wife that I could never get angry with the kids for eating healthy every time they raid my patch.

Sweet! Takes me back to my days in Northern Ireland and eating peas in the pod out back at me Grandda John's plot in Portaferry.

Its like sweet potato, don't plant them ;) ... or plant them in an area with high traffic or in an open veld (community garden).

I actually plan to do that with as my property borders a park and going grow some of my veggies on the other side of my wall. I'm more than happy to have half my harvest go to others.

Sweet! Takes me back to my days in Northern Ireland and eating peas in the pod out back at me Grandda John's plot in Portaferry.

Yes, little tomato thief destroyed my pea plants by pulling too hard on the plants and eventually pulling them out of the ground. But must say, they were very tasty and don't blame her.

I'm looking for a plant and harvesting guide or calendar as I have no idea of what to plant when :-( If anybody found something on the web or can give me some clues it will be very helpful ... Going the square foot garden route as per earlier posts :-)