Coronation Double Century 2014

GaryvdM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Training rides? Meeting your team? Pfft. We meet each other for the first time in the start chute, and the ride out of town is our only training ride ;)

Probably explains why in the past we've dropped riders before making the N2. Now that's a long ride on your own, with no one to wheel suck.

But we are old, unfit and overweight (well me in any case. :whistling: ), not racing snakes like you okes!! :ph34r:

But we are old, unfit and overweight (well me in any case. :whistling: ), not racing snakes like you okes!! :ph34r:

Thats why I ride in the DIKPENS TEAM. :oops:  :blush:  :devil:

Training rides? Meeting your team? Pfft. We meet each other for the first time in the start chute, and the ride out of town is our only training ride ;)

Probably explains why in the past we've dropped riders before making the N2. Now that's a long ride on your own, with no one to wheel suck.

And that's why my favorite part of the DC is hearing the post ride Hot Chillee war stories, I trust that I will be as entertained as usual.

And that's why my favorite part of the DC is hearing the post ride Hot Chillee war stories, I trust that I will be as entertained as usual.

Of course. And we have some characters in our team this year. A very interesting team on paper. And we're the HotChillee "B" team. Our star studded "A" team is down right intimidating!

It's not really about racing anyone else, other than your 11 team mates. You never want to be the weakest in the pack, but unless you're in the top 5 you eventually end up being that guy dangling off the back. While being the first guy to get dropped only really does psychological (and ego) damage, being rider number 6 does both psychological and physical damage that lasts years!

After all these years (and being number 6 once) I've mastered the art of the timeous leg implosion. Much like a poker game, you can't let on just how much you are suffering, but when the going does get too much, you have to know when to throw in the towel or face an agonising sufferfest shrouded in pain to the line. For me, that's been at the damn metal bridge at around 141.3kms for the last 3 years.

Of course. And we have some characters in our team this year. A very interesting team on paper. And we're the HotChillee "B" team. Our star studded "A" team is down right intimidating!

It's not really about racing anyone else, other than your 11 team mates. You never want to be the weakest in the pack, but unless you're in the top 5 you eventually end up being that guy dangling off the back. While being the first guy to get dropped only really does psychological (and ego) damage, being rider number 6 does both psychological and physical damage that lasts years!

After all these years (and being number 6 once) I've mastered the art of the timeous leg implosion. Much like a poker game, you can't let on just how much you are suffering, but when the going does get too much, you have to know when to throw in the towel or face an agonising sufferfest shrouded in pain to the line. For me, that's been at the damn metal bridge at around 141.3kms for the last 3 years.

Wont the compulsory stops on 120km and 160km help with the implosion. #0min rest at each stop. Does not affect your time at all.

Wont the compulsory stops on 120km and 160km help with the implosion. #0min rest at each stop. Does not affect your time at all.

I think it's ever since they introduced that neutral section that I've struggled. Stop for too long. Eat and drink too much. The only benefit to those neutral sections is that it gives you a chance to ride back onto your team if and when you do get dropped. 

I think it's ever since they introduced that neutral section that I've struggled. Stop for too long. Eat and drink too much. The only benefit to those neutral sections is that it gives you a chance to ride back onto your team if and when you do get dropped.

It will be easier now as you don't have to go into the red to keep with team and you know that you will be re united soon enough. Can recover the legs a bit before the stop.

We decide last 6 in each time are the first 6 on front when leave the feed zone.

Worst part is you could be the 7th rider dropped 3 times in one day!!

by the way...iF anyone is still looking for entire team entry (as cost price - perhapsa wee reduction)...I might be able to assist... :ph34r: :ph34r:

Had our kit launch party tonight!! Pretty excited for the DC now!! After 45minutes of team tactics discussion it was decides to ride as hard as possible again until we drop everyone down to six riders.

Sounds exactly like our team tactics, except we usually have our first and only team meeting the night before the event, over a few glasses of red wine. TT helmets are optional

2012-11-23_21-07-24_321.jpg

Dan moet jy dalk bietjie meer jou fiets ry  :devil:

Sounds exactly like our team tactics, except we usually have our first and only team meeting the night before the event, over a few glasses of red wine. TT helmets are optional

2012-11-23_21-07-24_321.jpg

Dane, you can lend my Rudy Project Wingspan if you want to the part. 

Dane, you can lend my Rudy Project Wingspan if you want to the part. 

Is it "big ear" friendly?

And I guess I'll look like a total plonker riding along in a TT helmet after I've been dropped ;)