Person Advice please guys

ScottCM

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ScottC-M - Are you not the dude that many of the HUB community rallied to BUY a bike for ? A Momsen to be precise...

Dude, some respect is in order.

Any thoughts of selling the bike is disrespectful IMHO...

Peter Pan...

Edited by The German

I broke my collar bone a few years ago and was forced to train on the idt for 8 weeks to try and keep my fitness levels up for a big race that was coming up. It works to do high intensity short sessions on the idt. It is just too boring to sit and cycle in the same place for longer than an hour. Most of my sessions consisted of 10 minutes warm up. Then 10 minutes consisting of 1 min on (maximum effort sprint) 1 min off (easy pedal), and 10 minutes of cooling off easy spin. Total 30 minutes. Like I said, it works a charm.

I'm with Victor. Thank you sir.

You cant sell what was given to you. Its not an option.

Are you not the dude that many of the HUB community rallied to buy a bike for ? A Momsen to be precise...

Dude, some respect is in order.

Peter Pan...

As stated before, i personally would not be prepared to sell my bike(as my son's and i wont be able to ride together anymore), I did however put the point out there to see what other people might do in my situation if they didn't have the emotional attachment to their MTB as i do, so before crucifying me read the entire thread keyboard warrior.

Buy a straight jacket...

On a serious note, I will loan you my Schwinn Spinning Bike for the next 10 weeks. PM me and we can make a plan to meet up - I am though away for work until Thursday.

PS: Don't ever talk of selling the Mtb again - capish ;)

Arent you one of the founding COFBA members? :ph34r:

:thumbup:

borrow an idt somewhere. slap a slick on the back wheel. bob's your auntie.

I've done 2x 3month stretches with broken bones. it happens. stop pitying yourself and go train, wether it is on a trainer, in the gym or just going hiking with your kid's.

life goes on. pain fades, wounds heal and chicks dig scars.

Edited by PhilipV

In my world, once a gift is given it is that persons to do what they want with it...otherwise it would be a loan.

After all, we chipped in (myself included) to get this man CYCLING.

He isnt trying to sell his MTB for crack cocaine.

That being said, it is a bad FINANCIAL decision. Keep the MTB. Borrow Andrew's spinning bike and heal up and get strong.

Strap your arm and start running. You don't need so much cash to stay fit.

I find running incredibly expensive... my backup team of Bio, Physio and Podiatrist = $$$

As stated before, i personally would not be prepared to sell my bike(as my son's and i wont be able to ride together anymore), I did however put the point out there to see what other people might do in my situation if they didn't have the emotional attachment to their MTB as i do, so before crucifying me read the entire thread keyboard warrior.

Not big into pissing contests... You put it out there as you say... Got a number of negative responses and now you insult the hubbers that you decide are not to your liking. Your " KEYBOARD WARRIOR" comment is unwarranted.

He is an idiot who argues with an idiot - Thanks to my Dad, I heed these wise words daily

Not big into pissing contests... You put it out there as you say... Got a number of negative responses and now you insult the hubbers that you decide are not to your liking. Your " KEYBOARD WARRIOR" comment is unwarranted.

He is an idiot who argues with an idiot - Thanks to my Dad, I heed these wise words daily

Ja bro, but you took offence on behalf of all hubbers. Also not cool - despite the bike not being a loan / conditional sale in any way. Just offer some constructive comment without getting personal and taking offence.

Still - If Andrew's spinning bike doesn't fit the bill, I have a wheel with a slick attached to it if someone wants to offer postage. It's a spare that doesn't fit my bike (needs a 12mm rear axle and the hub is a 10mm QR

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

ScottC-M sorry to hear about the injuries bud, heal up fast and ride harder.

A lot of sound advice has been given to your dilemma, and as for selling your bike whether it was given to you or you bought it - to replace it with another bike does not really make much sense to me? Although not in numerical order - Rule # 12 followed by Rule # 5 is applicable :whistling:

Building up a road bike from scratch is going to cost you more than you thought - I know cause I am trying to do the same thing as I type this. Interestingly enough, a mate gave me a Dura Ace 7800 groupset (minus STI's) and although the build is going to cost me more than I really wanted to spend on a road bike, I could not bring myself to the point of bombing the idea and selling the groupset that was given to me? One of those unspoken / written rules we live by? Then again, this will vary from person to person. Anyways, I have decided to press on with the build and will see it through till the end.

If you checkout Gumtree or Olx - lots of indoor stationery bikes for sale and pretty cheap? Checkout cash crusaders also, or even better, take up one of the generous offers that have been made right here on this thread.

Heel fast dude, and hope you get back onto your MTB soon.

Edited by ValeYellow