Cyclist airlifted out of Tokai

NixM

Oww, hope the rider is stable. Anyone have a pic of this area that creates these massive wipeouts?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclist was a male and from sources he is deemed to be stable. Hope he heals well to ride another day.

I see there was an attack at the Arboretum today.

2 cyclists and a runner held up at knifepoint. Saw it on Twitter : @SafetyMountain posted. Quick response by Parks , SAPS and EMT.

Still worrying. Was riding with a Dutch client yesterday and I saw a couple of people without bikes,you can't recognize at a distance. Could have been anyone.

Parks need to be more visible up there, at least I have never seen a ranger on patrol. Just baboon monitors.

Perceptions

Oww, hope the rider is stable. Anyone have a pic of this area that creates these massive wipeouts?

it's a standard transition but if you hit it at the wrong angle and at speed, well.... Edited by capediver

2 cyclists and a runner held up at knifepoint. Saw it on Twitter : @SafetyMountain posted. Quick response by Parks , SAPS and EMT.

Still worrying. Was riding with a Dutch client yesterday and I saw a couple of people without bikes,you can't recognize at a distance. Could have been anyone.

Parks need to be more visible up there, at least I have never seen a ranger on patrol. Just baboon monitors.

Perceptions

What time of day did that happen?

Perceptions

I'm really keen to move to CT but damn crime is rampant down there, especially in the places where I really want to be - lonely wilderness areas...

2 cyclists and a runner, all at the same time or in short succession?

I'm really keen to move to CT but damn crime is rampant down there, especially in the places where I really want to be - lonely wilderness areas...

Tokai is not a lonely wilderness spot, its a very popular spot where lots of people go ride their expensive bikes.

There are hot spots, but also lots of trails on private land that have had no problems.

Hope the rider is ok. Thats the third airlift i've heard about this week. Other two were at Contermans and kliprug.

To give some perspectivr that is probably the first time in six months or so to the best of my knowledge.

To give some perspectivr that is probably the first time in six months or so to the best of my knowledge.

Ja, ever since someone got heavy with someone for getting heavy with a guy who jumped on a bakkie trying to get away after doing some bad stuff.

I guess the toothless wonder who got donnered by our hero has just got out of choekie.

Sorry but I heard a completely different story. I heard it was a rider who came off on cobra at the tree stump. Double flip over the bars onto head. Helmet smashed and big concussion. Airlift was precautionary.

And this was from the attending medic. How can the stories be so divergent???

Ja, ever since someone got heavy with someone for getting heavy with a guy who jumped on a bakkie trying to get away after doing some bad stuff.

I guess the toothless wonder who got donnered by our hero has just got out of choekie.

I remember the fuss over that. Personally I will always be more than a bit pleased when a thief catches an unfortunate one.