Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

They are both big deals.

one is obviously more of a big deal than the other. One was a provoked attack which no one ended up in hospital.

The other was a non provoked attack where people were badly injured.

I just hope this incident were people ended up in hospital get as big an outrage as a relatively not as bad.

Sorry just annoys me as people are in hospital from a motorists hitting a cyclist and Facebook, and blogs are not outraged by it unlike this incident.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually they're not. One incident is an overreaction that many cyclists have every day but don;t get caught on camera.

The other is a situation that results in many cyclists either ending up in hospital or dying on roads in South Africa because our motorists have ******* clue as to the rules of the road. And believe me many of these ***** ride bicycles too

Oh they do have a clue they just don't care.

one is obviously more of a big deal than the other. One was a provoked attack which no one ended up in hospital.

The other was a non provoked attack where people were badly injured.

I just hope this incident were people ended up in hospital get as big an outrage as a relatively not as bad.

Sorry just annoys me as people are in hospital from a motorists hitting a cyclist and Facebook, and blogs are not outraged by it unlike this incident.

Is this a mine is bigger than yours contest?

Both are a big deal, unfortunately one has had worse consequences in terms of injuries than the other.

It is possible that the two cyclists were hurt in a genuine accident (although more likely that somebody, normally the car driver, was doing something stupid).

Anyway my point is this - if something is a big deal it stays a big deal and isnt diminished by a subsequent event.

I think the point is to focus the energy in the direction where a bigger impact is felt on society.

prosecuting two cyclist for losing their tempers vs prosecuting poor driving that results in personal injury....

I think theres a heavy weighting toward one side here.

I think the point is to focus the energy in the direction where a bigger impact is felt on society.

prosecuting two cyclist for losing their tempers vs prosecuting poor driving that results in personal injury....

I think theres a heavy weighting toward one side here.

You wont get an argument from me about the crappy driving here, many years being knocked off motorbikes left me inclined towards capital punishment for anything more serious than bad parking.

As a visitor from the UK said to me a while back "Its like the bloody wild west on the roads and nobody believes in red lights do they".

Ok Mods sawrry for the bad language...

Ya in Stellenbosch. In Cape Town the main number plates to watch out for are

CL = Stellenbosch

CFR = KuilsRivier/Brackenfell

CFM= Somerset West

CY = Bellville/Durbanville (why do I drive so K*K? Come to Bellville and CY.)

These okes should be issued a passport to be west of the R300

The owners of plates starting with those suffixes are the worst drivers you will find outside of GP.

CA owners are not far behind though....

Just stats and a comment stated by a good friend of mine!

In the past 48hrs:

Motorists hospitalized by cyclists: 0

Cyclists hospitalized by Motorists: 4

Can't blame cyclists for being aggro when your life is always at stake every time you ride

• 2 months later...

:Slaps forehead: I knew there was one more!

And the absolute worst of all

CEY = Strand