Surv0MTB

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eina! HKGK

Ja ,it just stacks up.

Aggravated assault, malicious damage to property...........

Edited by Wyatt Earp

Are we again bringing up the stink of the arrogance of roadies... I see this daily.

Coming up Sandton drive a bunch ride 4 sometimes 5 abreast, skip the traffic lights and have no regard for rules.

Iv seen it a few times visiting relatives in the vaal area, they take up the whole road there by Blue Saddles Ranch. See it daily where I live.

Reality here is that we only see this a few min in and we don't really now what happened. But regardless of who was in the wrong, these fobs have caused so much damage to the cycling community. I now see this video everywhere from Twitter, FB to News24. Even if the driver did aggravate them they just set back the

Motorist / cyclist relationship back months if not years.

I agree with a comment made on news 24, bring back the bicycle licence plate so we can identify and fine these turds.

That club does a lot of good as well and now sit with their reputation ruined by a few thugs (who did it in front of juniors & children from what I gather) NEVER MIND THE CLUB's INITIAL REACTION! that was probably uninformed and a knee jerk as well - and probably not even from the pres of the club.

Instead of trying to kill the club off, I think fellow cyclists should support them in doing the right thing and sorting this terrible mess out - which I believe they are actually trying to do right now.

I hate some of the pettyness portrayed - like the one post on the forum lambasting the club as the only club with a photo of riders abreast on their webpage = when that photo was clearly taken at a cycling event/race/funride.

If you scream from your tower to have the club closed down - like so many people did in the most vile language on their facebook page before it was closed, (mostly of racist and intollerant towards religion) - think about those kids first- would you rather have them out on the streets doing drugz & ****?

The development work that Muhammadeyah has done is well known and respected. Don't throw the baby out with the water as we say in Afrikaans.

I trust those thugs will have to explain their actions to the cops as it is purely criminal, but I would love to see the club get back on their feet and carry on.

My 2 cents

Stef

While I agree that this club contributes greatly to development but the responsibility now lies with the management of the club to fully investigate the actions of their members, come clean for the good of the cycling fraternity, identify the perps and force them to face up to the consequences of their actions. I don't believe a lifetime ban etc is necessary, but certainly a year or two out of competition might suffice to get the message across. These are, after all, youngsters who can only learn from their mistake. Just as the public are now taking aim at all cyclists, so too are cyclists taking aim at this club. The weak defensiveness of their chairman/ president leaves a huge gap for those critical of all cyclists to say" I told you so".

I challenge the management of this club to get a backbone and do what is right!

Bike Riders are respectable on roads in general, as they know they come off second best to cars. I think all Hubbars for or against should calm down. Cars and Taxis in SA seem not to identify with people on bikes, we invisible. Hence making road riding in SA very dangerous, we all know that I hope..

Happy days.

whether you ride a road bike or a mtb it does not matter. this behaviour is totally unacceptable and these okes needs a couple of PK's to get back to reality. bitches

Yes some un-savoury cyclists on the road. Some of these guys look like licenced cyclists, arrogant pre-Madonna’s. They are a disgrace to the cycling community. The wheel turns, cyclists of all people should know that.

Edited by Dustbin Dog

Just to think I'm going all the way to CT on Friday to cycle with scum like this. Roadies suck, MTB rules.

Just to think I'm going all the way to CT on Friday to cycle with scum like this. Roadies suck, MTB rules.

'Are we again bringing up the stink of the arrogance of roadies.'

I just shake my head and 'we' think we're better than them ....... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Cyclists are often attacked by motorists, yet it's only when cyclists attack motorists does it make head line news. Very sad.

That does not justify the way these idiots behaved!!!!!