Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

WARNING FOR USING CAPS PLEASE MODS

so much love and care in this house, Roadies clapping drivers, roadies turning on MTB (even if jokes), damn and us MTB guy thought we was tough, huh na bru ek sien die K*K gaan spat, lol, lets hope the general public can forget this un savory event and we can try create a clear and basic respect for each other.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So.....

I was about to post if anyone know what happened.

Here's our experience.

We rode yesterday, we being our informal team of about 10 cyclists. As many would expect the roads were packed with cyclists. As we arrived in camps bay many of the faster of us riders rode off , thinking we racing the arghurst, obviously obeying the rules and laws of the road. As we knew yesterday there was a big walk that took place and that there were many volunteers on the road.

To correct you, it was a taxi. Rather a sponsored brand new van supplied/dedicated to the big walk. The guys you saw taking a beating we "youngish boys" must of been early 20's.

Anyway what had happened as you say and show in the vid, we were not aware. But as we stopped to regroup on the corner of sea point close to the lighthouse, we had a "taxi"(quantam van in question) pull up in front of us, and a bus vito van behind us, of about 15-20 guys got out. Ready to take revenge on us. Because of the "pepper spray" one of the 2 that was attacked was convinced it was "us", our colours are green black and white.

Eventually of about 15mins of argueuing with these guys they then realized it wasn't us. What they said was that one of the volunteers apparently "squirted" water on the cyclists and ended up as you said.

Not a nice experience, the team above is known to us, and their are members this forum part of that team. Disgusting if you ask me....

Glad you guys were alright Meezo.

This is complete unnecessary... why antagonise people who probably ride alongside you any other day, for no apparent logical reason?

If anything keep it limited to road vs offroad :P mountain bikers should not become their own enemies.

Cyclists shouldn't become their own enemies! We all ride bikes regardless of where they're ridden...one community!

PERSONALLY IMHO

sa i very aggro, under extreme stress, financially ,emotionally, when my sister visited sa in october she said when she landed here after 6 years of being abroad she said she could see that the people were very highly strung,AND UNDER PRESSURE

obviously some more than others, there are many factors at play here but we are no more happy easy go people in general. as times WILL get tougher financially and the political climate will get more and more unstable, i see many more incidents similar to this happening, just the other day there was a road rage/cyclist shooting, people are wayyyyyy to highly strung and its not a motorist cyclist isolated issue, PEOPLE NEED CHILL and start showing respect for fellow humans

break neck? I can just imagine. probably more like brake neck

He is now your bunny

It's been said many times earlier in this thread, but I'll add my voice also:

I distance myself from those involved in behaviour like this! If you are a cyclist and you know who the culprits are, then you better speak up and do the right thing or I will consider you just as guilty. I feel the following should happen:

1. Identify the club who was involved

2 Identify the individuals who resorted to violence

3. Lay a charge of assault with the police against those individuals

4. Lay a complaint against the individuals with CSA, WPCycling and PPA and ask them to be banned from all events for a period, starting with the Argus this coming Sunday

5. Lay a complaint against the club with CSA, WPCycling and PPA and ask that the club be warned or face a ban also.

PERSONALLY IMHO

sa i very aggro, under extreme stress, financially ,emotionally, when my sister visited sa in october she said when she landed here after 6 years of being abroad she said she could see that the people were very highly strung,AND UNDER PRESSURE

obviously some more than others, there are many factors at play here but we are no more happy easy go people in general. as times WILL get tougher financially and the political climate will get more and more unstable, i see many more incidents similar to this happening, just the other day there was a road rage/cyclist shooting, people are wayyyyyy to highly strung and its not a motorist cyclist isolated issue, PEOPLE NEED CHILL and start showing respect for fellow humans

Dip Slick, i cant read your post when its typed correctly lol where is the darn cap locks?, but seriously i have to agree, when last did you see someone smiling while driving

Cyclists shouldn't become their own enemies! We all ride bikes regardless of where they're ridden...one community!

Nope, too many chops that spoil it for the rest.

Used to be part of a "online community of like minded individuals riding motorbikes" and a select few farked it up for every one.

Sorry, but just because I am on a bicycle does not automatically make me part of a community.

Do people not partaking in the sport see me in the same light as the minority farking it up for everyone else? Yes they do. No matter my intentions on the bike or off.

Why then can this sense of community not transpire in people driving cars, seeing that we are all sharing 4 wheeled transport? Other than the "one life live it" greeters club.

Want to make a difference? Start by making sure all the rules apply to each and every situation, in the car, on the bike, hell even driving your trolley through pick n pay...

PERSONALLY IMHO

While SA is still a lot better than some places, I wonder if its possible that people are not suffering some sort of PTSD effect?

PERSONALLY IMHO

IMHO

http://replygif.net/i/124.gif

While SA is still a lot better than some places, I wonder if its possible that people are not suffering some sort of PTSD effect?

not post... current

I am not a roadie, and will not be labeled as such :P screw the one community.. Its roadies & mounties :P not necessarily against each other however.

Edited by Surv0MTB