Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2014

GaryvdM

The section im referring to is from about 18k mark to 39k. With the last 5.5k section tombeej referred to.

so u say it is the Last 5.5k of the climb that is tough nd the last 20km

ja we are in training. Nd it is going well. Should start adding km.s over the next few weeks

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The section im referring to is from about 18k mark to 39k. With the last 5.5k section tombeej referred to.

so u say it is the Last 5.5k of the climb that is tough nd the last 20km

ja we are in training. Nd it is going well. Should start adding km.s over the next few weeks

On that stretch there is just one section that could reasonably classified as a climb: The 3 km section I've highlighted here from kilometre 20 to kilometre 23 (it averages just 3.1% according to Google Earth). That's about it.

So for that whole stretch - from 17 km to 39 km - there are basically just those two climbs.

The rest of that stretch can only be called 'gradual incline'. Much of it is just 1.5 - 2% gradient at the most. The race profile makes it look bad, but if you're reasonably fit you'll probably just feel like you're gradually gaining altitude at best.

For the early bunches it will probably be hard because it will be very fast and there won't be much let-up. It will feel like a 22 km TT if you're just hanging on in your bunch. Still lots of drafting benefit to be had though.

post-22004-0-58958300-1411570994_thumb.jpg

Yeah that profile' bark is way worse than the route' actual bite. If you do the descends fast enough you'll be up and over the "hills" without even realising it was there. It is why the course record is around 02:10. Lightning fast race but those who don't use the downhills go huffing and puffing up the hills. I'm getting excited nowbut haven't been training.

Charities Supported by Hubbers

1) Cancer Clowns

2) CHOC Cows

3) Stop Rhino Poaching

4) Unite Against Rhino Poaching

5) Barking Army

6) Johannesburg Child Welfare

7) PETS

8) Pink Drive

9) Endangered Wildlife Trust

10) WITSPAL - Palliative Care

11) Ependy Angels

12) Philile

13) Door of Hope

14) Border Collie Rescue

15) CNA for Rhinose Day

16) Cycling for Pathways

17) Nedbank Dream Riders

18) F.A.C.T - Feed a Child Today

Charities Supported by Hubbers

1) Cancer Clowns

2) CHOC Cows

3) Stop Rhino Poaching

4) Unite Against Rhino Poaching

5) Barking Army

6) Johannesburg Child Welfare

7) PETS

8) Pink Drive

9) Endangered Wildlife Trust

10) WITSPAL - Palliative Care

11) Ependy Angels

12) Philile

13) Door of Hope

14) Border Collie Rescue

15) CNA for Rhinose Day

16) Cycling for Pathways

17) Nedbank Dream Riders

18) F.A.C.T - Feed a Child Today

Wetnose

Any news on the road building. Friends tell me the section before Steyn City look not so good

The section between Malibongwe and Cedar (past Lion Park) is really sh*t. Very narrow and surface is quite bad. Fortunately I'll be in either "B" or "C", but the latter groups will definitely battle with narrow road.

Gonna miss the N14.

Ok.. if i join a charity how do I go about rasing money ?

Do i ask people to give me money ?

A bit of advice would be awesome..

A bit of advice would be awesome..

Ask companies for donations, get your mates to sponsor you 50c/km... make a bet with mates to finish within a specific time... donate yourself, must be close to the heart if you chose the particular charity. ..

Archived