Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2014

GaryvdM

All the fun, excitement and real "racing" will be in D Bunch, so if you're not in D, you're not in it.

When you catch up to the C's, please look out for a tired looking fat guy, and give him a helping hand.

That will be me. 

I'm in such bad condition right now, it's going to be a sufferfest of note.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an extra 450m - 500m of extra climbing this year. 

If you are going to cause panic, please be accurate - is it 450 or 500m? I handle sudden bad news very poorly. I am thinking of skipping this.

Glad the weather looks better for you guys!

Physio let me do 15 minutes easy spinning on the IDT yesterday. Slowly slowly catch a monkey

Heal up soon.

Sunday will be the first time out on my bike in a month (also recovering from injury). 4 weeks of IDT has given me cabin fever. Hoping the leg holds out, but it's feeling ok so I'm sure it will.

I looked for this and only get the 947 Radio app.. where is the cycle challenge app .. any ideas ?

Look nicely. If you scroll down within the 947 App you will find the cycle challenge section at the bottom.

When you catch up to the C's, please look out for a tired looking fat guy, and give him a helping hand.

That will be me. 

I'm in such bad condition right now, it's going to be a sufferfest of note.

Hehe.. I'll spread the word. I surely won't catch you since I will be the fatty in D asking for help from E .. F ... G, but if H dare's comes past I'll blixem them... or just stop and wait for the sweep vehicle.

If you are going to cause panic, please be accurate - is it 450 or 500m? I handle sudden bad news very poorly. I am thinking of skipping this.

Guys, this has been discussed ad nauseum already ... 

All sorts of measurements using Google Earth etc. have revealed an extra 80m of climbing on the new route.  

So everyone calm down and ignore the video ....

Unless they plan to build an extra mountain inside Steyn City overnight ....

Enjoy your ride ....

Guys, this has been discussed ad nauseum already ... 

All sorts of measurements using Google Earth etc. have revealed an extra 80m of climbing on the new route.  

So everyone calm down and ignore the video ....

Unless they plan to build an extra mountain inside Steyn City overnight ....

Enjoy your ride ....

Can't agree with you anymore. I also think people are making too much of the new route. I'll guess we will all know by Sunday

So I'm taking my mtb cleats off the mtb and putting them on the road bike for the race. Hate my road shoes. Mtb shoes more comfortable. Do I need to make any adjustments? Perhaps saddle height a few mm up because the mtb shoes are a bit thicker than the road shoes I assume?

So I'm taking my mtb cleats off the mtb and putting them on the road bike for the race. Hate my road shoes. Mtb shoes more comfortable. Do I need to make any adjustments? Perhaps saddle height a few mm up because the mtb shoes are a bit thicker than the road shoes I assume?

Rule 1: Never change anything the day before the race.