Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2014

GaryvdM

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This question may have been asked but i missed the answers then  ... Rain or no rain Sunday what ya all think ????

This question may have been asked but i missed the answers then  ... Rain or no rain Sunday what ya all think ????

Mist

In my opinion - dry, perhaps light rain later in the day.

Ok Gents and ladies, I hope you all have a fabulous ride and some fun afterwards.

All the fun, excitement and real "racing" will be in D Bunch, so if you're not in D, you're not in it.

cheers

Not a drop.

Windguru said so...

post-6252-0-35142400-1415962923_thumb.png

My number collection went better than last year, I tried to get there as soon as I could to 8am, sat in traffic for an hour, got there, staff seemed a bit switched off, one lady who's attention I managed to grab scans my bar code, and then gives my paper back to me, and I ask, now what, doesn't say anything, gives it to another guy who scans it again and after some fumbling and cursing about slow Internet tells me the number has been collected already,I was like WTF then I phone the guy I bought it from and he reassures me he didn't sell it to anyone else .. just then the guy behind the counter says they in fact have it .. so off to do the substitution, the lady that help me was certainly a sandwich short of a picnic, after much flapping around, I get a new number, plus the old one, which I returned, so all set for a 07h11 start, group M I think.

I am def. parking at Fourways mall to avoid the ensuing traffic chaos, my 4x4 is safe since the front end is all bashed up thanks to some young cretins who jumped a stop street on Tuesday pm.

If I get my timing right I can catch the pro's and Ms Vos on the M1 south or Joe Slovo on my way there, what time do they start?

If the weather is anything like today, its going to be a great Joburg summers day. Enjoy the ride all, and enjoy the car less roads & highways. It only comes once a year.

B2ZiDdaIIAAPrEU.jpg

Number collection at 8.45 this morning was painless.

Expo gets smaller and smaller every year. I guess lots of exhibitors blow their marketing budget at the Africa Cycle Fair. I still managed to drop a few Rands at some of the stands. Lekker vibe - can't wait for Sunday!!

Just picked up our numbers and had a stroll around the expo. There were no ques but after scanning my number the system crashed "again" and it took 20 mins for them to find my pack. Not a big deal for me, I'm on leave this week, but if it keeps happening tomorrow when there are lots more people, I can imagine it will get a bit stressy.

Feel sorry for the kids on the front line scanning the numbers. They are not to blame for the system falling over but they get all the grief.

Lovin' the sunshine :-)

Ok I still have an entry. You have to go register yourself and figure out how to change the name. 

It's FREE! Just IM me or contact me on alexander.lombard@gmail.com. First batch after ride for a cause starting at 09:45

accuweather says no....weather SA says yes.......one of them is right ...

accuweather says no....weather SA says yes.......one of them is right ...

Most sites says no rain Sunday, WeatherSA is the only one I found that says 30% chance.

My number collection went better than last year, I tried to get there as soon as I could to 8am, sat in traffic for an hour, got there, staff seemed a bit switched off, one lady who's attention I manages to grab  scanned my bar code, and then gives my paper back to me, and I ask, now what, doesn't say anything, gives it to another guy who scans it again and and afer some fumbling and cursing about slow Internet tells me the number has been collected already,I was like WTF then I phone the guy I bought it from and he reassures me he didn't sell it to anyone else .. just then the guy behind the counter says they in fact have it .. so off to do the substitution, the lady that help me was certainly a sandwich short of a picnic, after much flapping around, I get a new number, plus the old one, which I returned, so all set for a 07h11 start, group M I think.

I am def. parking at Fourways mall to avoid the ensuing traffic chaos, my 4x4 is safe  since the front end is all bashed up thanks to some young cretins who jumped a stop street on Tuesday pm.

If I get my timing right I can catch the pro's and Ms Vos on the M1 south or Joe Slovo on my way there, what time do they start?

If the weather is anything like today, its going to be a great Joburg summers day. Enjoy the ride all, and enjoy the car less roads. It only comes once a year.

Sorry to hear about your 4x4. That is more frustrating than your registration? Pros should be off at 05:30. I'm VA and at 05:40 and tandems are before us. I'm just presuming its 5 min gaps. But i'm not sure what group Vos is in.

Sorry to hear about your 4x4. That is more frustrating than your registration? Pros should be off at 05:30. I'm VA and at 05:40 and tandems are before us. I'm just presuming its 5 min gaps. But i'm not sure what group Vos is in.

Thanks .. what can you do, sometimes an accident comes your way and there is no way of avoidance in time. At least I was in a steel cage, and there was no injuries although I really felt like giving that arrogant youngster who caused the crash a SK or two at the time.

So the racers will be down the M1 in about 30 mins after starting?

Archived