Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2014

GaryvdM

Will they move the number collection thing to a more central venue so I can use the gautrain :ph34r:

Randburg is Central.. Sandton and Rosebamk isnt

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you been to the venue as well? Where do you think is the best parking (colour)

Nope

I dont think parking will be a problem though. Getting out of the parking and back to the N1..hectic

Lucky you, from there website

How many Cycle Challenges do I have to ride to get a special coloured race number?

Once you have completed 10 Cycle Challenges, you will receive a yellow race number. If you have done between 15 - 17 of the Cycle Challenges, you will get a blue race number. For those doing their 18th Cycle Challenge, they will be riding with a red number. Please note that the special number may be collected at the Special Numbers Counter at Race Number Collection, when collecting your original race number.

Do the cyclists doing both go to the special number collection ?

good luck everybody.  wind behind your back and all that ... but most importantly. ..have fun. 

Search for 947 in the app store. Not 94.7 

I looked for this and only get the 947 Radio app.. where is the cycle challenge app .. any ideas ?

At least the weather is looking good for Sunday now

Imagine this scenario:

Arriving at new start venue that is still under construction. Pissing with rain. Mud

Making way to start pen. Pissing with rain. Mud

Waiting in pissing rain with mud caked shoes in start pen for an hour or so. Cold, wet, sense of humor failure

Starting 20mins late due to late comers stuck in mud. Pissing with rain. Cold wet

Making 1st right turn onto Mnandi road to begin climb up to Pooks Hill in driving rain

No thanks

Come now... how many times has it been mentioned on this forum that a spare pair of socks will might protect your shoes from the mud, and better still... will go to a good cause.

Oh, wait - you started off with "imagine this scenario".

On a serious note: The socks may still be a good idea, based on what I saw yesterday afternoon (hospitality area meeting).

I looked for this and only get the 947 Radio app.. where is the cycle challenge app .. any ideas ?

It's embeded in the 947 app, once downloaded it shows a link on the home screen.

The cycle challenge information on the website and the app is almost identical, so there's no real need to download the app if that's all you want it for.

It is the radio station's app. Don't think there is a cycle challenge app. If you want to mark where you parked, with Google maps you can save your location as a favorite. With Maps on iPhone you can drop a pin.

It is the radio app. Once loaded, there is a section for Cycle Challenge.

When loaded, it starts streaming 947 so if on 3G, stop the music if you don't want to use your data bundle.

Yes, looks like it. Was about to download it for my iPhone yesterday but when I saw that it was the radio station's app I didn't bother. If you want use it to mark your spot, you can do the same with Google Maps. Check out the cyclechallenge website on how to do it.

http://www.cyclechallenge.co.za/VenueDirectionsParking

Click the Pin My Location tab.

The App does give you more that Pin your location. It has parking maps, race times, route map and on the day will give info on traffic

Archived