Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2014

GaryvdM

Rule 1: Never change anything the day before the race.

Ja. I get that but I'm screwed anyway. The road shoes give me a burning sensation underfoot after about an hour. Never with the mtb shoes.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule 1: Never change anything the day before the race.

Ja. I get that but I'm screwed anyway. The road shoes give me a burning sensation underfoot after about an hour. Never with the mtb shoes.

Took us 7 hrs to get to JHB from DBN, now another 2 hrs of sitting in gridlocked traffic trying to get to our destination. We are still stuck and no idea when it's going to end. This place is madness. I honestly don't know how you JHB folks live like this.

Took us 7 hrs to get to JHB from DBN, now another 2 hrs of sitting in gridlocked traffic trying to get to our destination. We are still stuck and no idea when it's going to end. This place is madness. I honestly don't know how you JHB folks live like this.

Not sure why but traffic is bad today. It helps if you know the back routes. Welcome and enjoy.

And you are only telling us now!! Dammit, better go do some emergency hill repeats tomorrow!

Secrecy is all part of the master plan . . . .

Friday afternoon traffic...eina

Guys, this has been discussed ad nauseum already ... 

All sorts of measurements using Google Earth etc. have revealed an extra 80m of climbing on the new route.  

So everyone calm down and ignore the video ....

Unless they plan to build an extra mountain inside Steyn City overnight ....

Enjoy your ride ....

We had a mutha of a climb IN Steyn City on Sunday.

I used to get that at the 80 odd km mark. I was advised, and it worked, to move my cleats back on the shoe a few mm. The burning was being caused by pinching a specific area under the foot and changing the contact area slightly solved the problem.

Go and buy yourself some inner soles from Dischem and slip them in your shoes - problem solved.

D bunch ... ??? are we grouping at all or just going to find each other along the way ...? who is volunteering as captain?

My entry is up for grabs for R350. Got a flu and havent recovered as much as I wanted to, so Im not going to take a chance. ???? Im seeded into batch I starting at 6:54

My number still needs to be collected tomorrow so there are still time to change the entry. Send me a PM to make arangements.

To everyone riding, good luck and enjoy!