FedGroup Itec signs Knox

Waynehans

Or did ghost in fact call it quits with max

Probably. Unlike car sales there are no ready stats on how many of a particular brand is sold per month. Doubt whether a whole bunch of SA riders ran out to buy ghosts.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Facebook. I can't think that they are to happy with him. This is the second time he has dropped Ghost when a better offer has come along

When Max Knox did not have a team to ride with for 2014, the Ghost Factory Race Team offered him the opportunity to race cross country. Cross country is a big change to the type of riding Max is accustomed to and soon it was evident that his explosive power was well suited to this form of racing. However he never really settled into this new form of mountain biking, still early in the season Max has now been given the opportunity to revert to his customary race format, marathon. An opening in the Team Fed Group became available as they needed a tough rider to back their strong team for the ABSA Cape Epic. These opportunities do not often happen during a race season and it is with regret that Max had his last ride this past weekend at the UCI Cross Country Championships in Pietermaritzburg for the Ghost Factory Race Team supported by Valencia Cycles, finishing in the top 10 after a crash.

“We support Max in his decision to revert to marathon racing and are thankful we had the honour of including him in the Ghost Factory Race Team albeit a short one. A happy rider is a winning rider, and we wish him all the best in the future with his new team. ” Says Jason Theunissen, Team Ghost South Africa owner.

Ai.. hope that Max settles in nicely with Fedgroup. He really is a classy Marathon rider.

Didn't Knox and Stewart have a fall out when they raced for DCM Chrome?

I thought Max and Kevin had words/argie bargie few years ago at a marathon event and weren't the greatest of mates?

I thought Max and Kevin had words/argie bargie few years ago at a marathon event and weren't the greatest of mates?

It's for the greater good ;)

Yes I watched Hot Fuzz again this weekend.

Are you perhaps thinking of the incident at Baberton Ultra XCM in 2009 where Brandon pushed Kevin off his bike?

Not dropped but riding with Johan Rabie

Don't underestimate Johan Rabie. In his short mtb career he has had some very good results thus far. We will see how he goes over 8 days but I am sure riders of his caliber has done it before and knows how to handle it.

stupid to drop Neil MacDonald

One can not make a comment like that and not explain what you mean by that.

The sponsors are obviously in it for the exposure/money. They obviously feel that the team will do better as a Evans/Knox team than the team would have done as a Evans/Macdonald team.

Don't underestimate Johan Rabie. In his short mtb career he has had some very good results thus far. We will see how he goes over 8 days but I am sure riders of his caliber has done it before and knows how to handle it.

Very talented rider (should be racing overseas), endurance won't be a problem... physical/mental toughness likely to be the biggest challenge. And of course not crashing himself stukkend

Very talented rider (should be racing overseas), endurance won't be a problem... physical/mental toughness likely to be the biggest challenge. And of course not crashing himself stukkend

Agree! There is something not right with pro racing structures here in SA. We need smaller teams and more teams to make road racing more interesting. MTB also needs more riders competing, we see the same guys every week.

So Kevin has gone from riding with the suspended doper David George, to riding with the guy George accused of doping...

Small world!

Let alone the history between Knox and Evans - I find it baffling.

Also I'm sure everyone will remember that Max was also very outspoken about the 'laziness' in the SA pro scene. That was surely leveled at, among others, his now new team mates?

Agree! There is something not right with pro racing structures here in SA. We need smaller teams and more teams to make road racing more interesting. MTB also needs more riders competing, we see the same guys every week.

100% agreed. I think we have more than enough very, very talented riders. More small teams will definitely help. Being a pro cyclist in this country is a very hard job even when you are very good.

Let alone the history between Knox and Evans - I find it baffling.

Also I'm sure everyone will remember that Max was also very outspoken about the 'laziness' in the SA pro scene. That was surely leveled at, among others, his now new team mates?

The press release Max made at the end of last year was quite outspoken against the SA pro marathon racing scene. Max is a good rider don't get me wrong, but it seems like he will say whatever he needs to to get what he wants...