FedGroup Itec signs Knox

Waynehans

Are you perhaps thinking of the incident at Baberton Ultra XCM in 2009 where Brandon pushed Kevin off his bike?

Became known as "The Big Switch".

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The strange thing is that I think Johann Rabie and Neil MacDonald are a strong team, not sure Max has the right form at present , also very short notice for the Epic. Kevin seems well on the way back.

I wish them all the best.

Overall contention may be very hard, though.

Johann Rabie was the only one of RSA that wear able to go with the Bulls at Tulbagh .Pity he had a tire cut.

Two great mtbers together, go for it!

Will be waiting in anticipation for some awesome results.

This is something I did not expect as Max signed with Ghost in December. I would love to hear from Max as to why he changed his mind again...

Maybe it's just nice to have a team instead of rolling solo ?

limits only apply to us plebs, when the big names need another spot, that might mean more TV coverage then there is always more space.

G

I thought Epic entries are limited?

See on Twitter this week, how many people have pulled out due to injury and so forth, so I think they plan for this. As are people on the waiting list, as I am, but I am not a high profile rider, so I will not be first choice...!!! :mellow:

From Facebook. I can't think that they are to happy with him. This is the second time he has dropped Ghost when a better offer has come along

When Max Knox did not have a team to ride with for 2014, the Ghost Factory Race Team offered him the opportunity to race cross country. Cross country is a big change to the type of riding Max is accustomed to and soon it was evident that his explosive power was well suited to this form of racing. However he never really settled into this new form of mountain biking, still early in the season Max has now been given the opportunity to revert to his customary race format, marathon. An opening in the Team Fed Group became available as they needed a tough rider to back their strong team for the ABSA Cape Epic. These opportunities do not often happen during a race season and it is with regret that Max had his last ride this past weekend at the UCI Cross Country Championships in Pietermaritzburg for the Ghost Factory Race Team supported by Valencia Cycles, finishing in the top 10 after a crash.

“We support Max in his decision to revert to marathon racing and are thankful we had the honour of including him in the Ghost Factory Race Team albeit a short one. A happy rider is a winning rider, and we wish him all the best in the future with his new team. ” Says Jason Theunissen, Team Ghost South Africa owner.

Didnt know Ghost was focussing on XCO their other riders do a bit of everything and havent been successful at XCO.

limits only apply to us plebs, when the big names need another spot, that might mean more TV coverage then there is always more space.

G

Called a wildcard entry for registered UCI pro riders.