HOW BAD IS THE SA CYCLING INDUSTRY

Hippo1

Hi Guys

I wonder if any of the local distributors, bicycle shops and associated industries ever stop to think about their poor service? If I was this bad at my job I wouldn't be able to afford cycling equipment but this doesn't seem to cross their minds.

I don't know if these people do this as over-passionate cyclists with no customer / business sense or perhaps as I see it the owners of these businesses got into the industry by chance due to their bottomless pits of money and cycling is more a hobby than a business but I think its time they wake up and do something about their poor customer service. All to often there is no stock, long lead times and if you are lucky enough to make contact with them they make promises and never deliver.

I say wake up all you distributors, bicycle shops and agencies its time you realized cycling is an expensive sport and there is a global recession!! Don't take business for granted and try to be more customer orientated.

There's good, bad and just plain awful.

All one can hope for is to have a choice.

and that could all be the same shop on the same day

So why did you decide to pick on the cycle industry ? What about the Automotive people , Government services , Eskom , Entertainment Industry ? Bad service is so much part of this country as it is for the Government to steal money from their citizens .

I think only because its a cycling forum... hahahaha

But in SA customer service ANYWHERE is ***!!!!

We getting robbed for everywhere, and you didn't mention the eTOLL...

I think only because its a cycling forum... hahahaha

But in SA customer service ANYWHERE is ***!!!!

We getting robbed for everywhere, and you didn't mention the eTOLL...

:clap:

I unfortunately have to agree with this thread.

2 weeks ago I was excited to buy a new bike and found a very suitable choice.

It then took 2 days for the local shop to get hold of the rep to order the bike in my size, during this time a riding buddy also decided to get the same bike/deal, so they landed up ordering 2.

For a week nothing happened as they were on there way from the rather large importer in Cape Town (Numerous well known brands). They then turned up in the wrong shop somewhere in JHB, got rerouted, and now that they know where they are, they have sent the wrong bikes.

Now we wait again whilst the correct ones are sent. (Hopefully)

So disheartened is how I am feeling about this whole purchase, not excited anymore

p.s. These are also rather expensive bike's R40k each, so not your el cheapo's.

Hi Guys

I wonder if any of the local distributors, bicycle shops and associated industries ever stop to think about their poor service? If I was this bad at my job I wouldn't be able to afford cycling equipment but this doesn't seem to cross their minds.

I don't know if these people do this as over-passionate cyclists with no customer / business sense or perhaps as I see it the owners of these businesses got into the industry by chance due to their bottomless pits of money and cycling is more a hobby than a business but I think its time they wake up and do something about their poor customer service. All to often there is no stock, long lead times and if you are lucky enough to make contact with them they make promises and never deliver.

I say wake up all you distributors, bicycle shops and agencies its time you realized cycling is an expensive sport and there is a global recession!! Don't take business for granted and try to be more customer orientated.

I think if you want the amorphous mass known as "the industry" to take your plea seriously, and to respond meaningfully, being specific would help.

Would I categorise my experience with the industry as lacking customer orientation? No, on the contrary, I continually experience professionalism, competence, and excellent customer service at all levels of the industry.

What exactly has led to you needing to write an open letter to the industry ? Let us know and maybe we can help you.

I think it is important to build relationship with the shop, otherwise you are wasting your time. I know lots of guys phone and order something, but don't they don't come and pay... If they know you, they won't disappoint you....

Guest silver de lange

Very bad worst shop "Thehubsa" classifieds. Selling faulty damaged equipment.

Very bad worst shop "Thehubsa" classifieds. Selling faulty damaged equipment.
That would be a really good point if, you know, it was actually a shop and the proceeds went to The Hub.