(Update) Absa Cape Epic: Evans and Knox penalised for unfair advantage

News bot

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so you noticed it as well

jip, was about 2 years ago that I rode the 100miler and noticed that he was a real tosser - left, right, overarm, underarm - you name it...., no skaam whatsoever, particularly as he was riding with the bike shop owner in the same kit and I really like the bike shop owner, maybe I should have a word with the bike shop owner, its not good for his brand, I hope that will put a stop to it

Team Sauser Roban also took a shortcut in the prologue when they crossed a switchback

The organisers don't a give a **** because Sussie is the goose that lays the golden eggs

Team Sauser Roban also took a shortcut in the prologue when they crossed a switchback

...and the majority of teams infront of them in the prologue, looks like a new path was ridden in by the time they took it. Huge difference compared to the shortcut Kevin took getting infront of plenty riders. Didn't see one outcast infront of him either.

What he did was stupid and unecessary but the squealing from Scott is equally pathetic. They should of just said dude do that again and we report you but to cry about a 10 second gain is a joke. To win the African jersey this way is not cricket. They will feel embarrassed when they step on the podium

That would not be a 10 second gain! for the rider in front of him to get by as many people legitimately could take 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the rest of the single track, and then he would have to take risks. Check the video and see how difficult it was just to pass the one guy in front of him, even tough the rider made a mistake and went off course opening a gap for him to pass. I don't even know if he made it.

No, no, no, that is not on.

It is a way different thing if you are riding on your own. If KE was on his own and had open track in front of him, the gain would probably only have been 5 to 10 seconds if that, but with the "traffic" and this was racing traffic, that would not give way as they were all at the sharp end of the race the gain would have been huge.

The issue seems to be about overtaking. So if there is a dual track that is blocked and you pass through the bush on the side does that mean you are riding off the track and should be penalised? Are you expected to stay behind the slower riders until they let you pass?

The issue seems to be about overtaking. So if there is a dual track that is blocked and you pass through the bush on the side does that mean you are riding off the track and should be penalised? Are you expected to stay behind the slower riders until they let you pass?

Very different scenario to what happened... If he had followed the switchback all the way round while of the track.. Then it would be the same as your scenario.... He cut out a whole bit of the switchback instead

Look..... at the end of the day Mr KE was wrong(there's no denying that, he admitted cutting the corner)

Now people are talking about sportsmanship and throwing that word around a lot these days, Do you think that what he did was very sportsmanship like? I don't.

Do you think he would've been a real sportsman by declining a win by admitting fault if no one said anything about the incident, I seriously doubt it.

I don't feel that team Scott did anything wrong by bringing the matter to light. I probably would've done the same. Lots of emotions involved in racing and i'm sure they thought about that a lot while in the saddle that day. There's a saying, hang around a barber shop and u gonna get your hair cut.

I also don't feel that Mr Sausser is very sportsmans like.

Cheating is cheating

my 2c's

Peace

Very different scenario to what happened... If he had followed the switchback all the way round while of the track.. Then it would be the same as your scenario.... He cut out a whole bit of the switchback instead

A reasonable person would say that he gained an advantage .Or 9 out of 10 others would say that he gained un advantage .If it was a smaller advantage they would have ignored it .Why was he behind outcast riders anyway ?

What are we to say about this? Looks like a shortcut, inside line, off the track, no marking tape, passed 2 riders and then finished the sprint ahead of them. Probably worth a protest no?post-57311-0-75418100-1396173071_thumb.jpg

Edited by giant6

The crucifixion of ol' Evans - uncalled for.

He broke a rule. Earned a penalty of which he'll have regret.

It happens every day in sport.

Yes, he gave a flimsy apology; he's not a spiritual leader.

Easy, HubSA commissaires.

:-)

Edited by ' Dale

Gentleman's solution would have been for Scott to withdraw their claim and Evans to start on the start line with all the riders and then stay there while every one blazes away for 15 min...or something along those lines.

He did make a very obvious and gross error by taking that short cut

What are we to say about this? Looks like a shortcut, inside line, off the track, no marking tape, passed 2 riders and then finished the sprint ahead of them. Probably worth a protest no?post-57311-0-75418100-1396173071_thumb.jpg

Short answer is NO! they are racing. they are not cutting out a part of the course and gaining benefit unduly.

Gentleman's solution would have been for Scott to withdraw their claim and Evans to start on the start line with all the riders and then stay there while every one blazes away for 15 min...or something along those lines.

He did make a very obvious and gross error by taking that short cut

and gained a HUGE advantage!!

You do the crime, you lose the time!

Scott was in their full right to lodge, the situation has no similarity to Sausers "shortcut" Evans would have been stuck in traffic for ages on that single track. And what nonsense "outcasts aren't meant to be there"?? Why were you behind them then.

Unlike for us, this us actually business for these guys, gaurentee you Scott is amped about their victory, and so are their sponsors.