Do you ride a 26er?

Guest dirkieuys

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I still am ! Love it, but it hurts me every now and then. 

it doesn't hurt you, it just reminds you that you are a man(child)ly man and not made of glass  :devil:

I am currently busy with a 26" dual susp build.

Me too. Well 2 builds actually. A giant stp and a commencal meta 5.5.

Just been busy lazy to get them sorted

I am looking for a frame, but in no rush

Get the Zircus. Short to medium travel DJ frame.

Could be fun as an AM bike too with a longer fork.

Sliding dropouts, threaded bb, tapered head.

Me too. Well 2 builds actually. A giant stp and a commencal meta 5.5.

Just been busy lazy to get them sorted

I am building a Scott Genius (oldish frame).  I already got a new Rockshox Reba and a front hub (20mm x 110mm thru axle), all the other parts I still need.  The next item on my shopping list is the wheel set.

• 1 month later...

Got my 10yr old youngster a 26" Trance Junior as he is still too small for a 27.5 dual sus, even in XS frame. He is now faster than me on the downhills, luckily I can still climb better. He can also track stand like a master, and on a ride on the cycle path next to the river I watched him manage to cycle 4 km without holding the handlebars and turning by balance only- OK I think he grabbed them once to hop off a kerb.

There's mixed feelings when your kid overtakes you in skills!

Yes! 26" is not dead  :)

Not dead, but getting more and more difficult to get tyres :(

More by default than any choice I had in the matter. My very cheap 26er hardtail has gotten me through several races now. As I am not even close to the sharp edge of the field I am having a ton of fun on it. I might need an upgrade if I ever want to do serious trails, but for starting out this is an excellent way to get into mtb for a roadie. 

Archived