Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Form reading through the 90 odd pages, there are a few discussion points.

1. The OP bought his dream bike form his "trusted" lbs and was sold a counterfeit.

2. It seems that he was not the only one. This may be the tip of the iceberg. I look forward to watching Cart Blanch tomorrow.

3. ASG/Pinerallo have not commented on this forum (unless I missed it) as this matter has probably been taken further and we will hear about criminal/civil proceedings in the near future.

4. The Bike shop has not commented on this issue probably due to point no 3.

5. This matter needs to be investigated by the police for alleged fraud.

6. If investigations and due process finds the bike shop guilty, there is no way they should be allowed to trade again. The charges against them are just way too serious. It is equivalent to a registered jeweler selling fake diamonds or watches. They can never be trusted and don't deserve to continue doing business.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, after all this...is it about the bike...or not?

This particular Armstrong has made a case study of the concept of 'don't get mad...get even'. Well played, sir.

Great idea, so they can lay a charge of theft.

The guys at CS are arrogant enough to do that!

Edited by Maniax

...and 7. The OP's wife now also knows a bit more about bicycle prices. This damage cannot EVER be undone.

Ha ha, he's going to find out that a fake and a real Dogma is cheap when she starts putting real Italian marble on the floors, the kitchen, bathrooms and the patio! (Can you get fake Italian marble from China?) :D

Ha ha, he's going to find out that a fake and a real Dogma is cheap when she starts putting real Italian marble on the floors, the kitchen, bathrooms and the patio! (Can you get fake Italian marble from China?) :D

Yes you can get Chinese marble, the only problem is the tint, it's a funny sort of 'grey' colour :ph34r:

Yip, and it's terribble stuff

LOL. Just so you okes know - this guy is the authority on "and then the fight started...."

Hey! I will have you know I resemble that remark...

Firstly from all I have read here I SAY I BELIEVE MR ARMSTRONG

One problem I have is if CARTE BLANCHE is already ready to go to tv on Sunday how extensive could all the details/facts be "INVESTIGATED" I'm sure MR Armstrong has given them. Lots of ammo he seems like he has lots of facts, I'm more concerned about all the other who have been caught and how widely spread this is in the industry

So I would like to see how much they investigated or is it a knee jerk reaction to a HOT STORY,

I'm sure by now a full forensic audit couldn't have been done, and check paper trails and and and I hope I am wrong and it is a extensive investigation was done so we will know bike shops won't even think of pulling this Shiite again

Off topic but we did back up for the assos team at the epic one of the riders was Zoetemelk's son.

One problem I have is if CARTE BLANCHE is already ready to go to tv on Sunday how extensive could all the details/facts be "INVESTIGATED" I'm sure MR Armstrong has given them. Lots of ammo he seems like he has lots of facts, I'm more concerned about all the other who have been caught and how widely spread this is in the industry

So I would like to see how much they investigated or is it a knee jerk reaction to a HOT STORY,

I'm sure by now a full forensic audit couldn't have been done, and check paper trails and and and I hope I am wrong and it is a extensive investigation was done so we will know bike shops won't even think of pulling this Shiite again

Probably right in saying it wont have much depth but it is at least something.

A week ago the idea of a fake bike scam hitting our tv screens was pretty much unthinkable, now maybe people will think twice. For a while at least.

I think, after seeing the program, more people may come forward to tell of their experience. There may well then be a follow-up program. Also, Carte Blanche normally hands over their findings to the relevant parties, i.e. SAPS, SARS, etc. who will then do their own further investigations. I am sure there is still much more to come.