Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

I am disappointed I missed Carte Blanche but i am very grateful to them and The Hub. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for your overwhelming support and kindness this last week.

Note to self: Pay for cappuccinos at Europa when i am back

Dude, we should be thanking you for bringing this to our attention. Sorry that it cost you money. But huge respect for your character here.

Now let's hope you get your refund

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the spirit of this thread, I recorded this segment on my phone, now I'm just waiting on my slow internet to upload it to Youtube!

Link to follow soon.

P.S, maybe I should use a grey filter on the video...

Debbie was hysterical and did not give john and Robbie a chance. I know them well and and have always had honest and ethical service.sounds like sour grapes to me

Huh

what bike was Devi referring to that sells for R200k?

Merckx top end (I guess)

Edited by ' Dale

They admitted to selling a fake to another customer. Devi phoned him and asked him whether he knew it was fake (in front of them). Answer: NO

by now they would have attempted to destroy all previous sales records to try and prevent SAPS from scrutinizing every high end bike sale done in the last 24 months.

Andrew, any news regarding a refund?

I heard in the exposé that he was refunded, I think

Saw dumb & dumber on telly earlier. Hoping that ASG/Pinarello will take action and shut them down.

This is not limited to bicycles, friend bought a "grey" motorbike and had endless hassles. Same for motor spares, quote on original and supply pirate.

From what I heard, 1 guy was refunded.

Andrew and the other guy not.

(Sorry I forgot their names)

AA and his mate not. The 3rd guy was refuned. Precedent was set I think - is there enough money available though?

From what I heard, 1 guy was refunded.

Andrew and the other guy not.

(Sorry I forgot their names)

I think they will figure "we screwed " keep what we can it's not like these rocket scientist have back up options

AA and his mate not. The 3rd guy was refuned. Precedent was set I think - is there enough money available though?

hope soo

Saw dumb & dumber on telly earlier. Hoping that ASG/Pinarello will take action and shut them down.

This is not limited to bicycles, friend bought a "grey" motorbike and had endless hassles. Same for motor spares, quote on original and supply pirate.

Doesn't really solve anything as the real problem is the continuous supply of the "fake" frames and components. Pinarello can nail the shop for brand copyright infringement, put them out of business but there's probably 10 more shops out there doing the same thing. Making an example of one is a deterrent but the problem real problem lies with the endless supply of people who will knowingly buy a fake because its a cheap way to look a certain part.

What a *** place to find yourself in. I bet these boys never started their business intending to rip people off. Probably sitting wondering how they started on the slippery slope from cutting a few corners to completely losing their integrity and cashing in on the trust that was placed in them.