Vote for the best GoPro Photo of the Day - March 2014

Matt

Vote for the Photo of the month and winner of the GoPro Hero 3+  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your top 3 image

• 01 March 2014: He comes and goes...
    • 02 March 2014: Chasing the setting sun.
    • 03 March 2014: Angus Cruising
    • 04 March 2014: Gear Fix 2009 Freedom Challenge
    • 05 March 2014: World Champs SA 2013
    • 06 March 2014: Ready - Set - Ride!
    • 07 March 2014: OOOOH! A PENNY!
    • 08 March 2014: Chappies
    • 09 March 2014: Tour of Storms 2009
    • 10 March 2014: Framed
    • 11 March 2014: Male Rider #42 201
    • 12 March 2014: Dodgy 360 Dam Jump
    • 13 March 2014: cracked stem
    • 14 March 2014: Coffee rides
    • 15 March 2014: Transbaviaans
    • 16 March 2014: Fail!
    • 17 March 2014: Wet Carbon
    • 18 March 2014: Sunrise in PE
    • 19 March 2014: Dirt_jumping/bryanston
    • 20 March 2014: Downhill bike
    • 21 March 2014: GoPro DH Selfie
    • 22 March 2014: Some night riding
    • 23 March 2014: G Spot
    • 24 March 2014: Killing it at Jonkershoek...
    • 25 March 2014: Northern Quickie 2014 Rivercrossing 1
    • 26 March 2014: Chappies View #2
    • 27 March 2014: Misty Karkloof Morning
    • 28 March 2014: Team Work for the Win
    • 29 March 2014: Epic Snake
    • 30 March 2014: Tokai Forest: Boomslang (pre-deforestation)
    • 31 March 2014: Shake a stick at that lady

very possible, i hear you,,,,,,,,make some friends QUICK :whistling:

Dizzy has done very well at promoting her pic and kudos to her for doing it. Nothing in the rules against it.

Whether this leads to the 'best' pic being chosen or rather the most popular pic, is debatable. But at the end of the day it's all fun and Go-Pro / TheHub get the exposure they are after. No?

If Go-Pro / TheHub are specifically after the 'best pic', then the process probably needs to be changed. But I don't think that is the objective?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ARE YOU SAYING THE PHOTOS UP ARE NOT THE WORTHY WINNERS?????

panel of judges??? decided by who?? and they not going to have mates doing the competition I THINK ITS RUNNING FINE everyone is entitled to vote,,,simple

Some photos are badly composed and of poor image quality. Yet, they got a influx of votes due to the popularity of the hubber. But hey, just IMHO. You seem to be content with the neanderthal voting system.....

Some photos are badly composed and of poor image quality. Yet, they got a influx of votes due to the popularity of the hubber. But hey, just IMHO. You seem to be content with the neanderthal voting system.....

Dear LikerBiker,

Are you saying that my photo is a poor image quality and should not be getting any votes never mind potentially winning?

Part of the competition is and I quote:

Don't get discouraged if you're not a professional photographer. We are looking for interesting, creative, even lucky shots taken with a wide variety of cameras, from SLR's to smartphones, and even GoPros.

I'm not a professional photographer, and the picture I posted was just a lucky shot that I got while spectating at an event that was right on my doorstep. I think it's cool because out of all the teams that came up that climb, the Bulls #1 team were the only ones to actual draft one another up there and lo and behold, I managed to capture it on my little samsung s3 cellphone that I use mainly to take pictures for work when I go out on site. So using the selected criteria from above, I'm a) not a professional photographer, and b) it was a lucky shot.

The fact that I managed to get my picture selected for photo of the day then obviously brought out my competitive side, and even if I don't win, I can at least say that I attempted to get as many votes as possible. And that was just by asking friends - 99% of hubbers that know me, that I have either dealt with regularly online here or have met in person. As well as in 3 forums that I post in a lot.

I think all these pictures that have been posted within the month of March and even to date for the whole competition are all cool. So if I don't win the GoPro, at least the winner will be a worthy picture in that for people like me that don't know much about composition, it's a kick-ass looking picture (that's generally my criteria for voting).

Sincerely,

Lizé aka DisyLizzy

Going from your post counting 2 I take it you haven't seen how polls work here on planet hubsa, all polls have worked just fine in the past and it's considered effective for the forum, no need to get personal and say the system does not fulfill your requirements by calling it Neanderthal , move on if u don't approve

Whether this leads to the 'best' pic being chosen or rather the most popular pic, is debatable. But at the end of the day it's all fun and Go-Pro / TheHub get the exposure they are after. No?

A very valid point to counter mine.

Dizzy has done very well at promoting her pic and kudos to her for doing it. Nothing in the rules against it.

If Go-Pro / TheHub are specifically after the 'best pic', then the process probably needs to be changed. But I don't think that is the objective?

A certain amount of common sense and well thought through response that suggests a great attitude to the competition! I reckon you will make ultimate hubber yet !

Umm, I would hate to state the obvious, but this is not a professional competition. And another thing, not wanting to state the other obvious fact, hubbers are not professional judges. They look at a picture and say - hey that is awesome, or not that awesome and vote accordingly. Composition, linear alignment, focal points, depth of field, <*insert any other jargon you wish*> count for nought because hubbers (mostly) are a bunch of non professional people liking the work (or not) of non professional other hubbers who are brave enough to submit their work. And in the process win a go pro.

If you want a professional judging system, submit your work to a professional competition.

I would suggest a look here as a starting point:

https://www.google.co.za/search?q=photo+competition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gws_rd=cr&ei=7aA9U6ajKIfKONy5gPAL#channel=sb&q=photo+competition+2015&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Considering the very subjective nature of it, maybe it should be changed to "vote for your favorite go pro pic" rather than "vote for the best" ?

Dear LikerBiker,

Are you saying that my photo is a poor image quality and should not be getting any votes never mind potentially winning?

Part of the competition is and I quote:

Don't get discouraged if you're not a professional photographer. We are looking for interesting, creative, even lucky shots taken with a wide variety of cameras, from SLR's to smartphones, and even GoPros.

I'm not a professional photographer, and the picture I posted was just a lucky shot that I got while spectating at an event that was right on my doorstep. I think it's cool because out of all the teams that came up that climb, the Bulls #1 team were the only ones to actual draft one another up there and lo and behold, I managed to capture it on my little samsung s3 cellphone that I use mainly to take pictures for work when I go out on site. So using the selected criteria from above, I'm a) not a professional photographer, and b) it was a lucky shot.

The fact that I managed to get my picture selected for photo of the day then obviously brought out my competitive side, and even if I don't win, I can at least say that I attempted to get as many votes as possible. And that was just by asking friends - 99% of hubbers that know me, that I have either dealt with regularly online here or have met in person. As well as in 3 forums that I post in a lot.

I think all these pictures that have been posted within the month of March and even to date for the whole competition are all cool. So if I don't win the GoPro, at least the winner will be a worthy picture in that for people like me that don't know much about composition, it's a kick-ass looking picture (that's generally my criteria for voting).

Sincerely,

Lizé aka DisyLizzy

3ser3v.jpg

Going from your post counting 2 I take it you haven't seen how polls work here on planet hubsa, all polls have worked just fine in the past and it's considered effective for the forum, no need to get personal and say the system does not fulfill your requirements by calling it Neanderthal , move on if u don't approve

New brooms sweep cleaner than old ones. Maybe it's time to move on with your old way of thinking...like counting posts... Perhaps this will be a good option -> http://www.edenhaven.co.za/ ....They have "frail" care

3ser3v.jpg

So lizz takes the time to respond to you personally and rather nicely explains the story behind her pic and her reason for submitting in the first place.. And you respond with some overused lame meme with the intention of trying to be clever or something? The mind boggles

Edited by Stretch