We are tough buggers

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should see the nonsense the guys give me in school...saying things like:

cycling is so easy, how did you fall, over a little stick in the path?.

Or do you know that there's path for a reason

or when you telll then you got selected to represent your province, theyre like " so you got EP for MTB" and then start laughing.

But every time I say come and do a race with me they all like ya ya wadada and then they keep quite for a while. FTW :devil: :thumbdown:

or when you telll then you got selected to represent your province, theyre like " so you got EP for MTB" and then start laughing.

But every time I say come and do a race with me they all like ya ya wadada and then they keep quite for a while. FTW :devil: :thumbdown:

My son gets exactly the same reaction at school too.

My son gets exactly the same reaction at school too.

Well the mommies at my kids school all look at me very weird when I rock up there with stitches and roasties..

Edited by Gen

Yes we ride.. running is for when something chases you.

Added my kids play tennis.. they leave it all out there on court.. exhausted after.

Some of the worlds top elite ultra trail runners will make most top cyclists look silly on paper and in a lab.

Nadal ran 1,2 km in his last match and they have breaks in between. We dont use the word "play" before our sport name...we dont play tennis or rugby, we cycle. :)

Many people dont realise how tough cycling really is.

+1

So true. Cycling is a way of life. You live cycling, not something that is just play.

And may I even suggest - its a matter of life, and death. Pushing yourself past your limits seeing what is possible. Living life is to cycle. We are tough on all levels (physical and mentally), tougher than what non-cyclists think.

Some of the worlds top elite ultra trail runners will make most top cyclists look silly on paper and in a lab.

I will correct it. . I RIDE.. running is for other people.. me I run when something chases me

don't worry, one day in varsity you will see them, fat and unfit. and then they will tell you that they've taken up cycling, but that they don't like technical mtb races as it's too dangerous. Just smile and wave.

don't worry, one day in varsity you will see them, fat and unfit. and then they will tell you that they've taken up cycling, but that they don't like technical mtb races as it's too dangerous. Just smile and wave.

True dat !

Like Ryno Griessel for a local example

+1

So true. Cycling is a way of life. You live cycling, not something that is just play.

And may I even suggest - its a matter of life, and death. Pushing yourself past your limits seeing what is possible. Living life is to cycle. We are tough on all levels (physical and mentally), tougher than what non-cyclists think.

Agree, you have to be mentally strong, actually helps a lot with what life throws at you, teaches you to not just give up easily.