Suspicious buyers on the hub

Garfield2010

Double profiles or re-registered profiles send off a whiff you can smell a mile away.

Agreed

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nigerians also need to make a living in the land of plenty

plus the Ethiopians,Somalians,Egyptians,Eritreans and Pakitsanis.They all want to make it big in the land of milk and honey.

plus the Ethiopians,Somalians,Egyptians,Eritreans and Pakitsanis.They all want to make it big in the land of milk and honey.

Snap

I think more people should include their actual names, contact etc on their profiles and make themselves a bit more traceable. Being anonymous does not give anyone a warm fuzzy feeling!

Providing feedback on sellers and buyers should be done when you transact to give them/you a degree of credibility.

Obviously newbies may be eyeballed a bit till they've got some street cred.

Guest Kalahari ou

Simmer down bud.

Lets start the game...

Dark night?

Peanut?

Octavan? the daddy of double posters....

Oom? Nah dont think so

I dont buy / sell....to / from anyone with less than 1000 posts.

1000???? That's a bit excessive, don't you think?

Picking on noobs on forums has always been considered normal, but not doing business with someone just because he hasn't posted 1000 times is, well.........., dumb.

In my opinion, of course.

Edited by Falco

I think more people should include their actual names, contact etc on their profiles and make themselves a bit more traceable. Being anonymous does not give anyone a warm fuzzy feeling!

Providing feedback on sellers and buyers should be done when you transact to give them/you a degree of credibility.

Obviously newbies may be eyeballed a bit till they've got some street cred.

A name and number on your profile means jack **** for me as it can still be fake.... having been a registered member on the forum for a few years with 0 post still also makes a noob in my eyes. The only way to build up street cred as you call it is to participate in the forums. Interact with the "community". No use lurking in the background.... Maybe the noobs that been registered for a while with no posts should be called lurkers hahaha.

Anyway as most have said be oopkop when buying and selling as even ultimate hubbers as per another thread can turn out to be a skelm.

anyway just my 2cents.

A name and number on your profile means jack **** for me as it can still be fake.... having been a registered member on the forum for a few years with 0 post still also makes a noob in my eyes. The only way to build up street cred as you call it is to participate in the forums. Interact with the "community". No use lurking in the background.... Maybe the noobs that been registered for a while with no posts should be called lurkers hahaha.

Anyway as most have said be oopkop when buying and selling as even ultimate hubbers as per another thread can turn out to be a skelm.

anyway just my 2cents.

I like you bud, but I have to agree, real names go a long way.

You will notice I updated mine.

I must say, i've bought some good deals from guys with 0 posts.

Just phone them and ask a 100 questions, dont just PM them.

But its nicer to buy from someone you "know" on thehub.

1000???? That's a bit excessive, don't you think?

Picking on noobs on forums has always been considered normal, but not doing business with someone just because he hasn't posted 1000 times is, well.........., dumb.

In my opinion, of course.

Nope...1000 it is. I make that clear when I sell something. Haven't been burnt and serves me well so not changing my formula.For a transaction to take place you need a willing buyer and seller..I am not willing to sell to anyone below 1000. Klaar gepraat. Once someone has said amount of posts behind his name, I can judge the character....when its below I can't. So don't know if he / she is scumbag rower or a proper standup guy / girl

Lets start the game...

Dark night?

Peanut?

Octavan? the daddy of double posters....

Oom? Nah dont think so

one would have to try and work out who of these loved their cell phone service provider so much that they named themselves after it

Quick question on real names…on my profile page, if I look, it lists my name under private info. What good is that? Does it mean no one else can see it if they go to my profile?

I've bought and sold to 0 post members. Some deals went way better compared to the guys with say >1000 posts. The guys with a gazillion posts usually do the bargain hunting.

Edited by Meentb

Nope...1000 it is. I make that clear when I sell something. Haven't been burnt and serves me well so not changing my formula.For a transaction to take place you need a willing buyer and seller..I am not willing to sell to anyone below 1000. Klaar gepraat. Once someone has said amount of posts behind his name, I can judge the character....when its below I can't. So don't know if he / she is scumbag rower or a proper standup guy / girl

Wel dis nou jammer. My suster wou jou iphone koop maar Syt 0 posts. Sys nie eens n member nie.

Ah well????