Garfield2010

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SOOORY I IS STUCK ON THE DOUBLE POSTER THING

IF I WAS ACCUSED I WOULD STEP UP AND DISPUTE

IF I WAS NOT ON LINE I WOULD GET HIT WITH A COUPLE OF SMS TELLING ME TO CHECK OUT THE HUB

I KNOW THERE ARE LOTS OF CLEVER HUBBERS SURELY THERE IS A WAY OF STOPPING IT???

post #160 for me, eish got a long way to go before I meet rouxtjie's criteria :thumbup:

in reading the previous posts to this topic, I guess I am a noob - so flame away if you like (quickly puts on fire retardent suit), I dont really sell much, but I do suffer from an incurable disorder (like Oscar) called Upgradenitis. i think that when it comes to buying and selling stuff, like many have said before, common sense is good practice and if things dont sit with you 100% - walk away.

personally, if I were selling items, I would never send anything without having the cash cleared in my account first. if it's a cash deal, then a neutral meeting ground is where we would meet (nobody will notice the SWAT Team van in the background).

i cant help but feel sorry for my fellow noobs, who will join the hub, cause they have just got into cycling and wanting to buy a bike, or looking for upgrade parts - but need to meet a certain post criteria before they can transact?

i guess, its the world we live in these days, remember the days when your word and hand shake sealed the deal?

post #160 for me, eish got a long way to go before I meet rouxtjie's criteria :thumbup:

Depends

in reading the previous posts to this topic, I guess I am a noob - so flame away if you like (quickly puts on fire retardent suit), I dont really sell much, but I do suffer from an incurable disorder (like Oscar) called Upgradenitis. i think that when it comes to buying and selling stuff, like many have said before, common sense is good practice and if things dont sit with you 100% - walk away.

personally, if I were selling items, I would never send anything without having the cash cleared in my account first. if it's a cash deal, then a neutral meeting ground is where we would meet (nobody will notice the SWAT Team van in the background).

i cant help but feel sorry for my fellow noobs, who will join the hub, cause they have just got into cycling and wanting to buy a bike, or looking for upgrade parts - but need to meet a certain post criteria before they can transact?

i guess, its the world we live in these days, remember the days when your word and hand shake sealed the deal?

I have no problem with a noob. But when a noob enters and starts trolling like a master, stinks of a double profile.

Depends

There are ways to accelerate the process

I have no problem with a noob. But when a noob enters and starts trolling like a master, stinks of a double profile.

YOU WOULD KNOW

Tip of the day...post single words to make up a sentence. You will be at 1000 in no time at allIt is what it is....i mostly sell stuff from my home...so the people will come and pick it up. Not comfortable doing it with people who's characters I can't judge...Not worth it.

Edited by rouxtjie

LETS HOPE THE MODS ARE COSELY FOLLOWING THE THREAD MAYBE WE CAN GET RID F A FEW DOUBLE POSTER,,,,,,,,come on mod/admin hit me with 1 like it really wouldnt kill you PROMISE

Topic related:

These are the flag raisers for me:

A seller who isn't South African.

He is desperate to sell.

He knows very little about the equipment or bike.

He is selling it for a brother/sister/friend.

The price is outside a reasonable range.

Obvious set up flaws like seat too low, bars at odd angles.

Won't let buyer see product.

Champagne bike in beer area.

Plenty others if you use common sense.

None of the facts is really suspicious on their own but if a few start flagging then your spidey sense should be tingling!

Buyer asks hardly any questions and just wants to send a courier to collect.

Had a Nigerian phone me for stuff i was selling last year.He wanted to send his driver to collect at 11pm.Told him where to stick his driver.....

Tip of the day...post single words to make up a sentence. You will be at 1000 in no time at allIt is what it is....i mostly sell stuff from my home...so the people will come and pick it up. Not comfortable doing it with people who's characters I can't judge...Not worth it.

knew there had to be a way to clock up 1000 posts pronto - and there you have it :clap:

if your place of residence is where you conduct business from, yup then one needs to be more than 100% sure of the buyer - dont want some dodgey oke pulling in with his chommas to clean you out. Big respect Rouxtjie :thumbup:

Buyer asks hardly any questions and just wants to send a courier to collect.

Had a Nigerian phone me for stuff i was selling last year.He wanted to send his driver to collect at 11pm.Told him where to stick his driver.....

Immagine driving all the way to Luxemborg.