Epic Stickers, what adhesive is used?

ChUkKy

I have a sani 2 c bangle on around my headset (I think we got it in 2012) and a 2013 BCBR stage 7 profile on my top tube (fading a bit, but still clear enough to read easily). My Sani partner had a picture of his wife on his top tube and another rides with a cross (it doesn't mean that he doesn't say Ma se porsche on a 20% gradient).

My cycling toolbox is littered with Trans Baviaans, Storms River Traverse, Sabie X, and many other races stickers and small nic naks. I also have a wall lined with race numbers in my garage and in my study I have fitted a curtain rod for all my medals.

Perhaps some of us are more sentimental than others. It is interesting that some on here immediately confuses sentiment (and fantastic memories) with being windgat. I've learnt to give people the benefit, they are fellow cyclists after all and 99% of the guys I meet on rides / races are good okes / gals.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a sani 2 c bangle on around my headset (I think we got it in 2012) and a 2013 BCBR stage 7 profile on my top tube (fading a bit, but still clear enough to read easily). My Sani partner had a picture of his wife on his top tube and another rides with a cross (it doesn't mean that he doesn't say Ma se porsche on a 20% gradient).

in the early (read: cheaper) years when I did epic, we didn't get stickers. Do you think I can mail KV and ask him for a sticker? I am not nearly getting the respect I deserve.

on a lighter note Mr Gluv, I only teased you about the stage 7because I was jealous.,and you know that.

Lastly, I have a cross on my taped on my bike, I sincerely hope it wasn't ME who was tuning a maseporsche on a climb. I try to be a better Christian than mtber. Try being the key word there.

Yoh yoh yoh...is it friday yet?

Would have been the perfect week if it was. The hub Jedi mind tricks.

Edited by YUMEYA

I've got no problem with the adhesive used for Epic stickers. Come to think of it, I'm more interested in owners of luxury vehicles who could use the same adhesive for their number plates that seem to have fallen off. 90% of vehicles without number plates fall into the above R 500,000 category. Whatever ... :whistling:

in the early (read: cheaper) years when I did epic, we didn't get stickers. Do you think I can mail KV and ask him for a sticker? I am not nearly getting the respect I deserve.

on a lighter note Mr Gluv, I only teased you about the stage 7because I was jealous.,and you know that.

Lastly, I have a cross on my taped on my bike, I sincerely hope it wasn't ME who was tuning a maseporsche on a climb. I try to be a better Christian than mtber. Try being the key word there.

lol Philip, Friends revving me about stage 7 is absolutely fine, but a condescending comment from a total stranger that misunderstands the motive for a sticker or item of sentimental importance just shows what's wrong with this world. And the msp comment was not aimed at you, 20% gradient is flat for you. Now when it comes to snake bites and denting rims it may be another matter ;)

haters will be haters.

if something bothers you so much, and it does not affect your life directly, just move on and get over it. life really is to short.

Guest Omega Man

I know a guy that has his Epic race no tattooed on his shoulder :oops:

That's way more legit than some meaningless middle eastern phrase or a tribal tat. Especially if it was this year's Epic.

Edited by Omega Man

That's way more legit than some meaningless middle eastern phrase or a tribal tat. Especially if it was this year's Epic.

Or a wolf/Indian chief ..... ;)

You have to pay an additional R20k for that 1 sticker.

It wasnt budgeted for in the early days.

Or a wolf/Indian chief ..... ;)

http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20120722/n500c04a3a8955.gif

Edited by Wyatt Earp

What is the Munga offering? Laser etching on ones frame and bumper? Perhaps a hologram type sticker so people know it's genuine?

Surely one can't spend $10 000 on entry and not have others know. I guess we'll find out in January

Edited by patches

haha classic observation.

note i do not have my Epic sticker on my bike but I assume those that do would keep them on as a right of passage badge, or a conversation piece. It does show that its the premium race to do seeing as people are proud to keep the sticker.

Why not?

What is the Munga offering? Laser etching on ones frame and bumper? Perhaps a hologram type sticker so people know it's genuine?

Surely one can't spend $10 000 on entry and not have others know. I guess we'll find out in January

750 thousand dead presidents....and not the african kind of dead president.

750 thousand dead presidents....and not the african kind of dead president.

Oh yeah, those will seriously give you street cred...

...and reconnect one with long lost relatives.

But for all the others that don't get any return on their investment of 10 thousand George Washingtons... there must be a heller cool sticker planned!