Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Yamaha TRX850 (Runner)

Yamaha RD350 (In progress - slow burn......)

Kawasaki 250R Ninja (wife's bike)

Why did you sell the Tiger?

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you sell the Tiger?

Got a really good deal.

My initial intention was to do long rides, some off-roading. Life happened and those plans didn't so seemed a waste.

I should have bought a 675 rather, would have probably kept it.........

At the time I was selling Triumph were having issues locally too, so the deal I got was really good after being offered peanuts at dealerships.

I got 2 Yamaha TRX850's and cash.

Always liked the TRX, see some go for crazy money here so they have become classics so to speak.

Jip, cult following and becoming very sought after.

There are some guys who mod them too. R1 running gear, bore them out to make good horsepower.

Underrated bikes and they didn't make them for long so few around these days.

Jip, cult following and becoming very sought after.

There are some guys who mod them too. R1 running gear, bore them out to make good horsepower.

Underrated bikes and they didn't make them for long so few around these days.

My advice is to leave them standard. Don't see the point of spending loads of cash to make something it is not. SP1 or SPS for that. LEave the TRX as it is.

overtake....?

Scenario: Weekend trip with a few mates. All of them have Akra/Leo Vince or some form of loud pipe fitted. It ends up looking like a TDF breakaway with everybody taking their turn at the front... this is where a good set of earplugs comes in handy

Is pushing a motorcycle allowed?

Yesterday the Husky FE450 managed to pass New Zealand compliance, so that I can register it and legally ride it on the road.

The downside was that for some reason the bike wouldn't start. It turns over, bogs down, cuts out. Then doesn't even try fire up. Tried push start and jump-start pack, Nothing. I think the fuel injector is dirty/clogged.

Anyway, as I don't have a bakkie or a vehicle with a tow hitch, it meant I'd either have to borrow one and rent a trailer (about R350 for 2hrs)... or push the bike home.

I opted for the latter and pushed the bike 2.6km (about 50m climb) on a sidewalk.

Good work-out. loads of strange looks. But it took about 30min which was less effort than trying the vehicle route.

Sometimes bikes need a push, hahaha

Is pushing a motorcycle allowed?

Yesterday the Husky FE450 managed to pass New Zealand compliance, so that I can register it and legally ride it on the road.

The downside was that for some reason the bike wouldn't start. It turns over, bogs down, cuts out. Then doesn't even try fire up. Tried push start and jump-start pack, Nothing. I think the fuel injector is dirty/clogged.

Anyway, as I don't have a bakkie or a vehicle with a tow hitch, it meant I'd either have to borrow one and rent a trailer (about R350 for 2hrs)... or push the bike home.

I opted for the latter and pushed the bike 2.6km (about 50m climb) on a sidewalk.

Good work-out. loads of strange looks. But it took about 30min which was less effort than trying the vehicle route.

Sometimes bikes need a push, hahaha

I had to push my bike to the petrol station once, about 2km. By the time I got there I wanted to burn the bike!!

I had to push my bike to the petrol station once, about 2km. By the time I got there I wanted to burn the bike!!

I had a VTR1000 so running out of fuel was a common occurrence. Sometimes no option but to push.

It’s manly to push a motorbike.

I had a VTR1000 so running out of fuel was a common occurrence. Sometimes no option but to push.

It’s manly to push a motorbike.

My little bro has one. Sho that thing is thirsty

To you guys who know Cape Town, when I was at Varsity I went to the Pig one night and ran out of petrol on my Kawasaki 650. Pushed it up the hill at Higgovale and up Kloof Nek!. Had to go back and collect my helmet, jacket, shirt which I had ditched on the way up. 

What a chop.  :mellow:

hot damn! Kloof Nek. That is a bitch. My Aprilia had a malfunctioning MAP sensor and limp mode couldn't get over Wynberg hill. Ended being a good solid push over that, in traffic. Also didn't need the gym session afterward.

My little bro has one. Sho that thing is thirsty

I had an early model, think it was a 16 litre tank on the earlier models and the best fuel consumption I have ever got was around 12 km/l. Track days were a laugh as I would need to fill up after every session. Huge 48 mm carbs and an incredibly reliable and fun bike. had 2 bros pipes that sounded sweet. No match for the top Ducs of the day but then the SP1/2 was for that.

When I bought it the TL was the one most ppl bought so honda sold these with deep discounts and gave away their sisters just to sell em. Then the SP1 started winning and sales increased. The VTR is still one of the best bikes honda have ever made I reckon. Looking at the amount that have survived compared to the TL range is indication of that...or the TL with its fearsome rep through off all the riders.

Got stolen.... :(

Edited by IceCreamMan