Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

The Duke has arrived at home. No space in the garage so straight into the Living Room........ah, my long suffering Missus. Well, she was the one who welcomed “Bel Rossa” to the Cape after a long delivery from Josie in the back of a van. Buggar, four weeks until I get home!attachicon.gif1A667B6E-8DEF-4F96-82E4-7264DD74963E.jpeg

Wondering what you guys have seen or heard about trickle chargers and insurance claims.

With all these museums burnings of late, I have heard of assessors declining claims based on trickle chargers being used. This is obviously for claims due to fire.

Does seem like a grey area as a friend in the insurance industry said he has had successful fire claims where they were used. So perhaps down to how they are used, makes, etc.....

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering what you guys have seen or heard about trickle chargers and insurance claims.

With all these museums burnings of late, I have heard of assessors declining claims based on trickle chargers being used. This is obviously for claims due to fire.

Does seem like a grey area as a friend in the insurance industry said he has had successful fire claims where they were used. So perhaps down to how they are used, makes, etc.....

This is something I have thought about as my bikes are all on chargers except the FZR which has a Lithium battery. That is simply disconnected and loses a minuscule amount of its charge over many months. When not on chargers I go through batteries at quite a rate due to being away from home for long periods. I will over time replace all the batteries with Lithium Ion as I do believe the initial cranking power is superior to the common lead acid batteries. Perhaps best to just disconnect all the batteries which is fine on the older bikes but I am not sure it is good for the newer bikes with clever electronics and instrument clusters.

I leave the tanks full too so as to guard against rust in the older tanks. The plastic tank of the KTM is also filled up. I believe better that than having a large air gap where fumes can mix.

Thoughts and comments will be much appreciated.

The Duke has arrived at home. No space in the garage so straight into the Living Room........ah, my long suffering Missus. Well, she was the one who welcomed “Bel Rossa” to the Cape after a long delivery from Josie in the back of a van. Buggar, four weeks until I get home!attachicon.gif1A667B6E-8DEF-4F96-82E4-7264DD74963E.jpeg

Has the Mrs not fired it up and sent you a video clip of it yet?

Seeing the HD reminds me - maybe it was posted but sad about Dale Walksler (Wheels through Time museum) passing. St Pete must have heard a rumble coming along blowing smoke and leaking oil.

Has the Mrs not fired it up and sent you a video clip of it yet?

Ha ha, she covered it up with nice winter sheets, good and soft then left it alone. I think my cats would scatter if that little thing was rumbling in the living room.

I have a video of it running, will try and post later, It sounds pretty cool, when played on my mini Bose speaker thingy that travels with me.

They should have called it the Shovelface  :ph34r: :lol:

Harley-PanAmerica-Adventure-Tourer_India

It has been bugging me all day long as it had a resemblance to another bike, but I could just not put my finger on it.

Just loose the luggage bags and the massive pillion seat and you have a 1986 Goldwing .. almost...

HONDA%20GL1200%20LE%2085%20%201.jpg

Been on the hunt for a kx250 to replace my kx125 for over 2 years and found this roached 06 on marketplace by luck. paid 16k, score ^_^ would anyone want to see build updates etc? 152673535_826457734601555_84569185112903

Nice!

Watch the carb slide disc wear, I had one of those and it was worn, and it can get stuck wide open, a scary situation once that 250 gets on the pipe.

Edited by WrightJnr

Been on the hunt for a kx250 to replace my kx125 for over 2 years and found this roached 06 on marketplace by luck. paid 16k, score ^_^  would anyone want to see build updates etc?  152673535_826457734601555_84569185112903

Definitely - always fun seeing how projects progress

Been on the hunt for a kx250 to replace my kx125 for over 2 years and found this roached 06 on marketplace by luck. paid 16k, score ^_^  would anyone want to see build updates etc?  152673535_826457734601555_84569185112903

Yes please. Rebuilds are always great to see