Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

17 hours ago, Spokey said:

Did a trip to CT to Flying Brick on the off chance they would have reusable air filters for my Katoom 690……they did, 2, secured, job done. Nothing like a 1200 km tip to achieve this…… from Hoekwil (Wilderness)75FC9FFB-C748-4AE9-9C05-797717D3B140.jpeg.cc76e27fcee9c481fc4c619293649138.jpegF4C173D2-E604-41A3-BC3A-CEE981857808.jpeg.e04ac19e214d0400a0151b635c383aa4.jpeg6AEF830B-B550-4BD1-B1E1-59B4A4AD9296.jpeg.b7723f87f32b0e377bdc7c962e61721d.jpeg87F5992A-BC62-448B-A9BA-09F0C3DE15CD.jpeg.ee5cc1764ee2445d345b06fa3cdaa767.jpeg84396F9A-F2F3-4CD9-B0CF-08A24B627854.jpeg.520b09b781ce87d81fd2442963652c3e.jpeg5CCB8B4B-4D1E-412D-84A2-1A58B0C1BA81.jpeg.dcb1c45303a992d96a62b5109de3c5c1.jpeg

I was thinking along yhe same line as Hairy regarding a cup of coffee, but I'm guessing you take the N2 and not coming through Worcester. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the unfortunate pleasure of having to cruise out to Houtbay for a site meeting, on one of the most spectacular Cape Town weather days.

Took me 30min in extremely slow moving rush hour traffic, along the coast to first have coffee with a really good friend, then along the coast with a quick pop in at completed projects in Backoven and Llandudno (When my reserve light came on)  before the H/Bay stretch. 

Just to repeat this loop via a quick client meeting at a client on the side of Table Mountain and the intention of putting in petrol at the BP Somerset Road. This happens to be under construction. No problemo, just loop out to the V&A petrol station ... this is also under construction. From there on I was thankful for every meter the bike went with out coming to stand still till I got to the petrol station in P/Island.

Long story short, what a spectacular day to be on a bike in Cape Town.

2 hours ago, BenReaper said:

I was thinking along yhe same line as Hairy regarding a cup of coffee, but I'm guessing you take the N2 and not coming through Worcester. 

I rarely take the N2 entirely when I go to CT. I meander along the dirt roads between the N1 and south to the ocean! I have been via Worcester before!

"Flux Primo: a game-changing electric off-road motorcycle comes from Slovenia!

A team of racers, enthusiasts and engineers is developing a motorcycle that will change the world of off-road on two wheels - and they are inviting YOU to be part of it! Their prototype is simple to maintain, silent and more powerful than any existing production motocross bike on the market. "

Will this be met with e-bike hate?🙃

496112309_Primo1Transparent.png.04440dbb3d1d79afd966700f8cfe43d0.png

30 minutes ago, wolver said:

"Flux Primo: a game-changing electric off-road motorcycle comes from Slovenia!

A team of racers, enthusiasts and engineers is developing a motorcycle that will change the world of off-road on two wheels - and they are inviting YOU to be part of it! Their prototype is simple to maintain, silent and more powerful than any existing production motocross bike on the market. "

Will this be met with e-bike hate?🙃

496112309_Primo1Transparent.png.04440dbb3d1d79afd966700f8cfe43d0.png

A bike like this, with drastically reduced maintenance and running costs could certainly open up MX to so many more people?

EDIT: you could even get more tracks in built up urban and city areas as you no longer have noise and air pollution to contend with.

Edited by Hairy

5 minutes ago, Hairy said:

A bike like this, with drastically reduced maintenance and running costs could certainly open up MX to so many more people?

EDIT: you could even get more tracks in built up urban and city areas as you no longer have noise and air pollution to contend with.

You Sir, get it 100% 🙌

7 minutes ago, wolver said:

You Sir, get it 100% 🙌

My wife would 100% disagree with any statement indicating as much.

There's an electric bike coming out soon called the Stark Varg.

https://starkfuture.com/products/stark-varg

They claim the same range as a 450 with a full tank of gas. And it's fully tunable ITO power. So you can tune it to feel like a 125 right up to a fire breathing monster that makes 80 BHP. I think a standard 450 makes around 60 bhp. And those are hardly lacking in the power department.

The bike looks pretty advanced. The test rider has been Sebastien Tortelli Who's no slouch on a dirt bike. I've watched a few vids of the guy who runs the show on the Gypsy Tales youtube channel and they don't seem like a bunch of garagista's

Edited by Duane_Bosch

10 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

There's an electric bike coming out soon called the Stark Varg.

https://starkfuture.com/products/stark-varg

They claim the same range as a 450 with a full tank of gas. And it's fully tunable ITO power. So you can tune it to feel like a 125 right up to a fire breathing monster that makes 80 BHP. I think a standard 450 makes around 60 bhp. And those are hardly lacking in the power department.

The bike looks pretty advanced. The test rider has been Sebastien Tortelli Who's no slouch on a dirt bike. I've watched a few vids of the guy who runs the show on the Gypsy Tales youtube channel and they don't seem like a bunch of garagista's

There are a lot of bold claims be Stark... but let's wait and see. Competition is healthy😌

26 minutes ago, wolver said:

There are a lot of bold claims be Stark... but let's wait and see. Competition is healthy😌

Yeah. They are talking production capacity in the thousands and the guy in the youtube clip hinted very strongly that the investors behind the project have very deep pockets and aren't looking to be conservative. If even half of his claims come true they are going to be a major disruptor in the motorcycle space.

If they've got a motor and battery that has decent range and power there is no limit to the applications they can drop it into. Commuters, Moto, Mini Superbikes. Imagine an 80 BHP road going motard based on that thing. 

I truly believe that the real future for EV's is 2 wheeled. Honda Cubs move WAY more people around the planet than Ford F150's

Edited by Duane_Bosch

The name "Skully" comes to mind, fully funded and yet 10yrs later not a single helmet delivered.
There's a crowd recently with an electric road bike (name escapes me now) also making bold statements and claims.

I will believe it once they deliver actual bikes to customers.

On 4/18/2022 at 1:16 PM, Hairy said:

Had an hour free this morning, so decided to pick a direction and see where I end up .... ended up taking a spin along Tafelberg road past the cable car station to where they have cordoned off the road. Flip it was busy here, I imagine being Easter holiday and the 2 Oceans there were tons of people who looked like tourists.

What an amazing day to be on a bike.

image.png.ee8930372c8e28283faeb6b9f74c2ca5.png

image.png.1f56bab2492e3dca70340faa903db1e5.pngimage.png.ee8930372c8e28283faeb6b9f74c2ca5.png

Damn shame they refuse to fix that road. The rest of the road to end of world is so awesome. 

18 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Yeah. They are talking production capacity in the thousands and the guy in the youtube clip hinted very strongly that the investors behind the project have very deep pockets and aren't looking to be conservative. If even half of his claims come true they are going to be a major disruptor in the motorcycle space.

If they've got a motor and battery that has decent range and power there is no limit to the applications they can drop it into. Commuters, Moto, Mini Superbikes. Imagine an 80 BHP road going motard based on that thing. 

I truly believe that the real future for EV's is 2 wheeled. Honda Cubs move WAY more people around the planet than Ford F150's

Alta had the recipe sorted, and was regarded as the bees knees when they launched. Until Harley Davidson played dirty to put them out of business, that is... Hopefully these new offerings are as good.

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

That Stark looks good and its cheaper than a high end eMTB...

that is both awesome and sad

7 hours ago, Headshot said:

That Stark looks good and its cheaper than a high end eMTB...

I was looking to buy an E Bike…..initially dual suss, then hard tail when I saw a gorgeous simple one, lovely frame and all…..but reality is….I will put the money into  a Ducati 748 or an early 900 aircooled. Perhaps even an Aprillia RS 125 and a 70’s CB 750. Or perhaps a Duke 996/8. Maybe even a 2009 R1, first of the X plane crank.
Will just continue to pedal my steel hard tail Soma!

Edited by Spokey
Options