Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your day begins like this, it will prob only get better.. :thumbdown:

Luckily it isn't leaking any air atm. So hopefully it will be ok.

Have you considered using sealant in your tyres?

Is that a Nail? sometimes they dont go all the way thru. especially if not leaking air.

Does anyone have experience with ceramic coating exhaust parts?

The headers on my R6 are looking a little bit tatty so want to tidy them up. Ceramic coating  supposedly has some minor performance benefit and isn't badly priced.

The headers on my R6 are looking a little bit tatty so want to tidy them up. Ceramic coating  supposedly has some minor performance benefit and isn't badly priced.

No experience. But as far as i know, it is used for its extreme heat handling capabilities....

The person that came up with the idea of those spoke cover things should be shot and burned along with all the sets that have already been sold...

Agreed, I wonder if they seal tight. I have to clean my stainless spokes often down at the coast. I imagine corrosion would be an issue with those (imo) ugly plastic things on.

I heard the same. Headers would be cooler against the engine, so small temp diff which would/could improve performance

Ceramic coating definitely works/helps with cars, drops the under bonnet temperature, resulting in improved performance. Not sure how much of a benefit it will be on a motorbike, but it will help in the looks department.

You could also look at wrapping the exhausts but I have heard bad things wrt the wrapping getting wet in wet weather and leading to early failure.

I think header wraps on a motorbike looks absolutely silly on anything but a full race bike. (and I've not seen many of them using it either)

Have you considered using sealant in your tyres?

Is that a Nail? sometimes they dont go all the way thru. especially if not leaking air.[/quote

It went through. My tyre was totally flat this morning.

Even more slow progress - We sorted out the clutch and gearbox (finally!) and I tackled the last of the big jobs which was modifying the oil tank.  One of the later modifications Velocette did was to add an engine breather on the crankcase - the breather exits into the oil tank through what they call a froth tower - which needs to be above the oil level.  That's now done, but now everything is in the hands of the painters - I need the oil tank and fuel tank back to check if the engine will actually run and my spraypainter is extremely busy and doesn't like to be rushed.  So now it's really just a case of hurry up and wait.....

post-15215-0-95917100-1508743884_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-75181300-1508743895_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-57021000-1508743911_thumb.jpg