Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More upright, therefore more relaxed, which is my main aim right now. Also I'm 179cm and weigh 98kg dry and so I think the Versys will be more suitable size-wise for me, as opposed to the 390 Duke for example.

I also may want to ride on some easy dirt roads.

post-52292-0-75065400-1536988003_thumb.jpeg

Here you go. Fire it Ups FB page.

I have a 650 single, love it. I dont ride fast on the tar as my KLR wears knobblies. Many dirt roads to explore in my area. I like the big single, it is simple and the bike is a tractor. I don’t get fussy over scratches and stone chips!

Edited by Spokey

attachicon.gif34648BF2-1638-416C-94A1-88FBBDDAFF93.jpeg

Here you go. Fire it Ups FB page.

I have a 650 single, love it. I dont ride fast on the tar as my KLR wears knobblies. Many dirt roads to explore in my area. I like the big single, it is simple and the bike is a tractor. I don’t get fussy over scratches and stone chips!

Thanks Spokey, that is exactly the ad that is tempting me at the moment...! 

I didn't know that the Versys is a dually, the first ones looked way to much road orientated than this 300cc ones?

Edited by BSG

I didn't know that the Versys is a dually, the first ones looked way to much road orientated than this 300cc ones?

It’s not...17 inch wheels, no ground clearance etc etc...more like the tiger1050 i reckon

Had my TRX at Shimwells Yamaha for a few weeks to have the 30000km service and also for them to replace a few odds and ends which I felt needed doing.  When I went to collect it on Saturday they had washed it, and unfortunately got water in the carbs so the Mechanic had to sort that out.  They lent me one of their fully kitted Super Tenere's to go and have breakfast.  I must be honest it was impressive (as I remember them to be), but with all the extra electronic goodies they had added, plus all the boxes and stuff, I felt very intimidated - not sure I would be that comfortable taking one of those bikes off-road all the way to Moz like they do with it!

Had my TRX at Shimwells Yamaha for a few weeks to have the 30000km service and also for them to replace a few odds and ends which I felt needed doing.  When I went to collect it on Saturday they had washed it, and unfortunately got water in the carbs so the Mechanic had to sort that out.  They lent me one of their fully kitted Super Tenere's to go and have breakfast.  I must be honest it was impressive (as I remember them to be), but with all the extra electronic goodies they had added, plus all the boxes and stuff, I felt very intimidated - not sure I would be that comfortable taking one of those bikes off-road all the way to Moz like they do with it!

How i ended up riding thumpers. After too many tours in moz and botswana battling the sand on behemoths i went singles and had the most fun...long tar stretches were boring but thats the trade off. now with dual cylinder 790's and the like they should be the perfect compromise.

How i ended up riding thumpers. After too many tours in moz and botswana battling the sand on behemoths i went singles and had the most fun...long tar stretches were boring but thats the trade off. now with dual cylinder 790's and the like they should be the perfect compromise.

Am awaiting the T700 before I part with my hard earned Randellas on a current Africa Twin. I would like to ride one for comparison.

There is a guy in Bronkhorstspruit doing the kits in fibreglass, advertises on Gumtree. Looks good. A few VFR's in Jhb with the kits on.

Since talking about this I've been looking at the Tyga website and wishing I still had my old bike... :unsure:

Mine had the same colour scheme as this, but didn't look nearly as good

post-50271-0-57496300-1537186330_thumb.jpg

I have been asked to do a short talk at the Vintage Motorcycle Club next Monday on my TRX (because they are so scarce here in SA the guys are quite interested).  So putting together my presentation and discussing how the TRX engine was based on the 1991 Paris-Dakar winning YZE750 Super Ténéré, something told me to check the pictures I took when I visited Yamaha in Japan in 2007.  Sure enough I found this pic...

Pity I didn't take as many close-ups of it as I did of the Road bikes :-(

post-15215-0-03834500-1537261243_thumb.jpg

I have been asked to do a short talk at the Vintage Motorcycle Club next Monday on my TRX (because they are so scarce here in SA the guys are quite interested).  So putting together my presentation and discussing how the TRX engine was based on the 1991 Paris-Dakar winning YZE750 Super Ténéré, something told me to check the pictures I took when I visited Yamaha in Japan in 2007.  Sure enough I found this pic...

Nice. I would love to present a ted talk one day. But I have to get some public speaking gonats first. 

Rare????

There's a plonker with one like 10km up the road from me............