Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Any Adventure bikers here?

I sold the MV and bought a GS. 1st long ride yesterday, Pretty sure I've lost some hearing with the wind noise. Ear plugs helped but not by much.

Any recommendations about the wind noise? 

GS 800 standard screen? it tends to generate a lot of turbulence/wind noise depending on your height.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GS 800 standard screen? it tends to generate a lot of turbulence/wind noise depending on your height.

1200 and standard screen. Tired low and high seat heights and all adjustable screen positions. 

Amazing bike / build.

Love those "retro 350" coloured bikes also. :clap:

If you go onto the dedicated RD/LC forums they rip them apart. 

Aside from the colour scheme there is zero tie in to the original 350.

Personally I really dislike them, colours dont even suit the contours of the modern bike.

Personally I really dislike them, colours dont even suit the contours of the modern bike.

Aggg no man. They beautiful.

What ear plugs you using? 

I swapped from Alpines to cheap clicks ones (The blue with the three "ears") made a huge difference 

currently using the same ones from clicks.

Oops there goes painting the TRX to look like a 350 YPVS.......

Oops there goes painting the TRX to look like a 350 YPVS.......

just do it, man. The 350 crowd is likely very traditional and staid in their views. I think the bikes look good, and the paint job & style does remind me of the tree fiddies of old. Which is the point. 

Haters be haters, man.

I agree.  Love the bike, just not in those old colours.  

just do it, man. The 350 crowd is likely very traditional and staid in their views. I think the bikes look good, and the paint job & style does remind me of the tree fiddies of old. Which is the point. 

Haters be haters, man.

The only reason they are "cashing" in is on the back of the collector value of the tree fiddies, as you call them.

Otherwise why aren't they releasing an "eleven special" coloured version?

Don't mind being labelled a hater btw, its an opinion......

The only reason they are "cashing" in is on the back of the collector value of the tree fiddies, as you call them.

Otherwise why aren't they releasing an "eleven special" coloured version?

Don't mind being labelled a hater btw, its an opinion......

you may not be a hater, you just don't like it. That's fine. But don't "rip it to pieces" if you just don't like it. THAT is a hater, and that's what I was alluding to. Fuckem. Who cares if some people wanna do an homage to the bikes of old with a few styling tweaks and a retro paint job? It's not as if it's the BMW mini that was a complete and utter abortion (despite being a GREAT car all by itself) when compared to the original. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Retro is big business as the average biker ages....just look at the plethora of retro models and each manufacturer caters to it.

Look at the Katana and the new Vstrom as an example, harks of the DR Big and the lil French man in the Dakar races.

These kits for the XSR are superb I reckon.

Yamaha should build new 2 smokes, the technology is there to get them to burn as cleanly as possible. The market is the problem in that they are unlikely to sell in large numbers.

Edited by IceCreamMan