Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are looking for a little something to watch on a lazy Sunday

https://youtu.be/JjF_m99VAv8

Awesome, I've always wanted to do something alike, but it's flippen hard work and one must have lots of mula to participate in something like that. Luckily now I'm too old and have too many broken bones etc in my body. [emoji44]

If you are looking for a little something to watch on a lazy Sunday

really enjoyed that! Thanks for the heads up! 

Finally got the Versys up and running again!

Ended up doing stator and Rectifier, oil change etc! 

Thought I had the dreaded leaky mechanical water pump seal, but its cleared up! Think it was just some weepage from standing for a (few) months! 

Took it on a little blast yesterday to check it all out and a little further today, all good and no leaks! 

So happy to be back on the bike! 

When I first saw the picture of the sauces I thought it was an advert and got a little excited. Then to my dismay realised it’s yr foto and part of the post.

No new hot sauce for me to try. Sigh.

attachicon.gif7A19AAB3-592F-42DD-935B-5250D912D2A6.jpegattachicon.gif4CB9485C-325F-4BE7-B058-B2EEBF8E6BD5.jpegattachicon.gif5C1BB5DF-828B-45EA-95D7-78BD0CFDD0A9.jpeg

A trip for essential chutney and hot sauce saw me end up at Van Wyksdorp Mall. Long trip home over Rooiberg Pass was the result.......the things we do for hot sauce hey!

That Rooiberg Pass is a beaut. I rode over it towards Calizdorp a year or so ago. Very nice - particularly that one hairpin. I'll see if I can dig up a photo.

I honestly think my next bike will be something simpler, like a KLR650.

i keep thinking the same... I love my V, but something a bit more dirt oriented would be lekker

In 2007 i had an epiphany and wanted to get back to simpler motorcycling. Up to that point since my 50cc i had large 4 cylinders, V twins and the like. So in 2007 i stopped off at Loxtons Suzuki which was on hans strydom road out near Kya sands and traded in my Vstrom for a DR650 and for 10 years i only had single cylinder thumpers from the DR to Tenere to 690 Duke and the like an i loved the simpleness and ability of a lekker single. 

on moving to the mud island i bought a bike i always wanted and bought a RF600. And well i love the smoothness of multi cylinders. 

So, by all means, buy a single, have fun but keep multi cylinder or 2 as well cos you will miss it... 

I honestly think my next bike will be something simpler, like a KLR650.

I have a KTM 1190 as well, which puts big smiles on the face, very quick, but ease of use and on rough terrain as the Rooiberg Pass currently is, man the little KLR is a winner. I have upgraded the suspension, long progressive fork springs and a heavy duty rear spring. It has made a huge difference in the off road handling and ability. A few more ponies would not be amiss though, which is reason I am keen to try the Unicorn 700 by Yamaha when it gets here. Just 9kg heavier than my KLR but around 50% more ponies!

KLR is a keeper what ever future bike I may decide on.

i keep thinking the same... I love my V, but something a bit more dirt oriented would be lekker

If you can live with agricultural machinery and an engine that can barely pull the skin off a rice pudding ......the KLR is for you!........did I mention I really like mine!

That Rooiberg Pass is a beaut. I rode over it towards Calizdorp a year or so ago. Very nice - particularly that one hairpin. I'll see if I can dig up a photo.

I am sure I know which one you mean. There is a wicked hairpin on the Calitzdorp side perhaps a third of the way up if heading south to Van Wyksdorp.

If you can live with agricultural machinery and an engine that can barely pull the skin off a rice pudding ......the KLR is for you!........did I mention I really like mine!

I once test rode a mates KLR and it was a very nice bike and for a long time it was on my wishlist, however......

Since this F800GS accidentally came my way I now feel more strongly that this is the best bike for me at this moment.

Slightly bummed that I sold my DR600 recently, but you have to know when to cut your losses and not hang on to a bad apple for nostalgic reasons.

Maybe someday when I can afford it I'll replace the 800 with something bigger to pillion with and also get a thumper again for those more technical solo rides.

Did a lekker Sunday ride with a few guys from a offroad group I recently joined.

We did a loop from Ceres through PA Hamlet to Op-Die-Berg, from there we turned right towards Katbakkies Pass.

We stopped before Katbakkies under some trees for coffee and some of the guy's played in the sandy dry riverbed.

After coffee and rusks we went over Katbakkies and stopped on the other side at some roadside picnic spot to braai for lunch.

After lunch we went through the kloof into the Tankwa Karoo and headed to the Tankwa Padstall for some refreshments. From there we headed back on the Tankwa Karoo Road all the way to Ceres.

A day well spent making memories with my boy and cementing some new friendships.fcde1a981830fd9967caa3c48719f1b7.jpge96c53386b6da30c27d5b3c374e5a1ea.jpg014523f47f0fa2d9ad79ecc9f0e09304.jpg37bcb29062f61ab800a4f18785b8742f.jpg