Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This pic has been finding its way on to my social media......I like!attachicon.gif229BDDEA-A545-4657-BEBB-25E05B1892D2.jpeg

Tis the Rally Raid edition.........sadly we do not even have the regular edition available yet.

Following Yamaha on Instagram, the 700's seems like an awesome bike and they look so damn good. Any experience on the 660 Tenere, would really like to know people's opinions on them as I like it a lot?

Following Yamaha on Instagram, the 700's seems like an awesome bike and they look so damn good. Any experience on the 660 Tenere, would really like to know people's opinions on them as I like it a lot?

I had one. Superb bike. Ultra reliable, large tank, can go anywhere and a superb dual sport. Probably the best all round single cylinder dual sport around.

The only negatives are it’s a single with and runs out of ooomph a bit. Only a problem on long straight roads but other than that it’s a gem of a bike.

Just saw this pic in my FB newsfeed.

post-10758-0-77972700-1593378912_thumb.png

(Location: next to Tairua river, State Highway 25A, Coromandel, New Zealand).

What you don't see in the pic is the 1x Husky FE450 and 1x Suzuki DR650, both loaded up with camping gear, that emerged from the bush on the other side of the river, then proceeded to ride through the river, to where the above pictured steel donkey was posing :lol:

The "influencers" didn't look happy when we rolled through their photo-shoot. Perhaps it was because we ruined the shot, or they were just jealous that their bike couldn't cross the river :lol:

These were 2 of our non-instagram shots from earlier that day.

post-10758-0-07763000-1593379916_thumb.jpg

post-10758-0-21812500-1593379967_thumb.jpg

(steeper than it looks)

Edited by patches

Just saw this pic in my FB newsfeed.

attachicon.gifHarley.PNG

(Location: next to Tairua river, State Highway 25A, Coromandel, New Zealand).

What you don't see in the pic is the 1x Husky FE450 and 1x Suzuki DR650, both loaded up with camping gear, that emerged from the bush on the other side of the river, then proceeded to ride through the river, to where the above pictured steel donkey was posing :lol:

The "influencers" didn't look happy when we rolled through their photo-shoot. Perhaps it was because we ruined the shot, or they were just jealous that their bike couldn't cross the river :lol:

These were 2 of our non-instagram shots from earlier that day.

attachicon.gifIMG-20200106-WA0019.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG-20200106-WA0023.jpg

(steeper than it looks)

Looks steep to me!

Everything looks wrong there, lots of work but its proportions are wrong.......

Strangely thats more or less what i thought too when i saw it. Its an assault to the visual senses... like a big up yours to fibanaucci and dimensions that please the eye. ITs not something i would own but i really appreciate the hours and hours of toil here. The manifold which must of been hand built to feed the cylinders etc. Its a marvel of imagination and engineering. Why, who knows there were so many ppl there i could not single out the owner to have a chat. 

the XT660R is just as good, for much less money.  Its just the big tank on the Tenere which makes it special.  And the longer travel forks which are a pain if you are under 6-foot.

But lets keep that to ourselves so we don't spread the secret......

Strangely thats more or less what i thought too when i saw it. Its an assault to the visual senses... like a big up yours to fibanaucci and dimensions that please the eye. ITs not something i would own but i really appreciate the hours and hours of toil here. The manifold which must of been hand built to feed the cylinders etc. Its a marvel of imagination and engineering. Why, who knows there were so many ppl there i could not single out the owner to have a chat. 

Jip.

Its like a bike I saw on FB over the weekend.

Massive 535cc RD, 2mil stroker kit on a RD350 motor.

BUT in the old spindly RD frame. Just seems like such a waste.

That bike tie's itself in knots with its standard 50hp, now its pushing +100hp. They added like 3 or 4 pieces of piping to " reinforce" the frame.......

the XT660R is just as good, for much less money.  Its just the big tank on the Tenere which makes it special.  And the longer travel forks which are a pain if you are under 6-foot.

But lets keep that to ourselves so we don't spread the secret......

Also dual front disks and the Tenere has got "houding" it just looks the dogs bollocks... 

A mate of mine has been stuck in Mid East since Eu closed the borders.His bike has been standing and asked me to ride i t a little to get rid of the petrol before it goes stale.

Hoping they keep the EU borders closed for a few more months[emoji48][emoji3]

67e232dda23cf06d94babfa1833ed015.jpg