Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Have taken delivery of this about 2 weeks ago. Very happy. Always wanted one and this came up. Awesome bike to ride.

There is something very cathartic about an open road and a bike like this which makes me ride like a hooligan.

post-2565-0-37931800-1594190982_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paul Ruinaard

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure I know which one you mean. There is a wicked hairpin on the Calitzdorp side perhaps a third of the way up if heading south to Van Wyksdorp.

Yes, this one..

We came up from Van WyksDorp. Apologies for dust-covered GoPro lens.

post-43622-0-25809400-1594195137_thumb.jpg

Have taken delivery of this about 2 weeks ago. Very happy. Always wanted one and this came up. Awesome bike to ride.

There is something very cathartic about an open road and a bike like this which makes me ride like a hooligan.

Beautiful... Congrats

I've been chasing a DT175 for some time now and it looks like I can finally go and collect it next weekend - going to be fun crossing the provincial border!

This one has had a bit of an oopsie so the forks are bent, but I'm not worried because I have a complete front-end from an XT250 (which has a disk brake) so that will be the first part I'll change.  I also have the XT's rear wheel which is also disk so I might consider fitting that too.

Ever since my Yamaha days I've wanted to get my hands on a 175 - they have not changed since 1995 so they are great for a bit of a facelift - first will be brakes, then the Engine.  The 175 cylinder port timing has a lot in common with the IT175, Blaster and also 350LC so things like 350 Reed blocks can be easily fitted and the porting can be made very similar to the IT's.  If you really want you can play with different cranks from the DT180 and Blaster and get the capacity close to 200cc too.

The engines are also designed to run on 88 Octane deep in Africa, so you can take almost 2mm off the head to get the CR up.

Exhausts are also a bad design because they are common with the 125 so need to be de-restricted.

But once this is all done, you can end up with a really nice bike - ideal for hunting 250 4-strokes....

And the best part - they still make DT's so spares are still available, and relatively cheap too.

So no DT unfortunately.  Guy pulled out of the sale again - he did it about a year ago - advertised the bike, I told him I would take it, and the day I was due to leave he told me he wasn't selling.  Then he sends me a message out of the blue last month, asks if I am still interested.  I say yes, we agree on a price and when I'm just about to leave - guess who sends me a voice message again....SMH

So no DT unfortunately. Guy pulled out of the sale again - he did it about a year ago - advertised the bike, I told him I would take it, and the day I was due to leave he told me he wasn't selling. Then he sends me a message out of the blue last month, asks if I am still interested. I say yes, we agree on a price and when I'm just about to leave - guess who sends me a voice message again....SMH

Man, disappointing and very irritating.

Edited by Spokey

Did a lekker Sunday ride with a few guys from a offroad group I recently joined.

We did a loop from Ceres through PA Hamlet to Op-Die-Berg, from there we turned right towards Katbakkies Pass.

We stopped before Katbakkies under some trees for coffee and some of the guy's played in the sandy dry riverbed.

After coffee and rusks we went over Katbakkies and stopped on the other side at some roadside picnic spot to braai for lunch.

After lunch we went through the kloof into the Tankwa Karoo and headed to the Tankwa Padstall for some refreshments. From there we headed back on the Tankwa Karoo Road all the way to Ceres.

A day well spent making memories with my boy and cementing some new friendships.fcde1a981830fd9967caa3c48719f1b7.jpge96c53386b6da30c27d5b3c374e5a1ea.jpg014523f47f0fa2d9ad79ecc9f0e09304.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-

cdn.com/20200707/37bcb29062f61ab800a4f18785b8742f.jpg

Wow, what a cool ride. Awesome day out!

Yup, that is the one I thought you meant!

I Iike the sharp curve road sign right at the corner when you can already see the bend.. :clap:

Edited by sawystertrance

Thought I found heaven today...

Then I took one for a spin. I've always had a thing for Vespas, Ive owned two 150 sprints, and loved them. But having ridden motorcycles for the past 20 something years there is no way I could go back to Vespa!

post-23715-0-12143400-1594487514_thumb.jpg

Thought I found heaven today...

Then I took one for a spin. I've always had a thing for Vespas, Ive owned two 150 sprints, and loved them. But having ridden motorcycles for the past 20 something years there is no way I could go back to Vespa!

Where in CT is this little gem of a place?

Where in CT is this little gem of a place?

Factory Road, Salt River. I was on my way to Buco and stopped when I saw all the Vespas! Didn't make it to Buco...

please please loose that top box