Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

It will be worth your while to check out We Buy Cars... They have sometimes priced the HD 750 Street Rod as if it were a 750 Street, I promise you I’ve seen it... So keep in mind if you are interested

With We Buy Cars one has to know all the inns and outs regarding rust, accident damage etc. When I was looking for a car for my daughter I was interested in a few and had friends going to look at them. Some were re sprayed really [emoji90]ty and others were so badly aligned after obvious accident damage and then they sell it as rust/accident/damage free vehicles you over the phone.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am watching this but I have other things to do

Did she really run out of fuel?

Nope, just made it to Willowmore it seems.

On another note. A fellow motorcyclist in our group of 12 bikes a few years back took water in through the air intake on a GS 1150. Valves bend and we had to tow his bike out of the Baviaans with another bike for a good few kms before BMW could come and load it.

Thanks ... been watching WBC for a while ... take a look at the detailed reports they offer on the pages ... some of them can make for scary reading.

Going to just bide my time ... heck, I do not even have time to ride my bicycle at the moment with work.

Thanks ... been watching WBC for a while ... take a look at the detailed reports they offer on the pages ... some of them can make for scary reading.

Going to just bide my time ... heck, I do not even have time to ride my bicycle at the moment with work.

Okay I just learnt something. Yep, those detailed reports are a bit eye opening.

Nope, just made it to Willowmore it seems.

On another note. A fellow motorcyclist in our group of 12 bikes a few years back took water in through the air intake on a GS 1150. Valves bend and we had to tow his bike out of the Baviaans with another bike for a good few kms before BMW could come and load it.

She had company anyway.

You can get through with a 4 x 4

It will be worth your while to check out We Buy Cars... They have sometimes priced the HD 750 Street Rod as if it were a 750 Street, I promise you I’ve seen it... So keep in mind if you are interested

Just on We Buy Cars, I was looking at bikes by them and was put off.

The Dekra reports are great, to stop you wasting time.

They have set admin fee's which are non-negotiable, as are the vehicle prices no matter the condition or faults pointed out. Mismatched fork seal, leaking forks, bald tyres, etc., sorry the price is the price......

You then have to roadworthy and register yourself, or so I was told. When I asked can they do it I was told only if I take the warranty which includes a service, etc. It literally added almost R15k, at which point I walked away.

The lack of transparency was the worst part.

I empathise.

This "on the road" charge is a plain ripoff. I walked away from a deal once because of it. You buy a vehicle in condition for use on the road and for them to charge for doing their job - adding hidden costs (your lack of transparency comment)- is out of line.

The guys I was dealing with wanted to charge me R150 "cleaning fee" and R350 "Fica Fee" even though I was paying cash. I asked them if they bought a suit how would they respond to being charged a dry-cleaning fee? That shut them up. 

There look to be a few decent deals to be had .............. https://www.zabikers.co.za/bikes-for-sale/2011-harley-davidson-sportster-xl-1200-nightster/

But it seems I am going to have to exercise more patience again .... just had to replace our fridge now, car was giving problems, thought it was sorted, but this morning it reared it's ugly head again ... so more costs coming and we may just end up getting a new car instead .... so my "play money" on the bike is quickly disappearing again.

May just end up on a 125cc delivery bike at this rate  :blink:

I empathise.

This "on the road" charge is a plain ripoff. I walked away from a deal once because of it. You buy a vehicle in condition for use on the road and for them to charge for doing their job - adding hidden costs (your lack of transparency comment)- is out of line.

The guys I was dealing with wanted to charge me R150 "cleaning fee" and R350 "Fica Fee" even though I was paying cash. I asked them if they bought a suit how would they respond to being charged a dry-cleaning fee? That shut them up. 

We ended up buying a Duke 390 from another dealer. He was up front on his R3500 fee to register it.

I promptly agreed to do it myself which cost just over R1400. I realize they charge for their time along with the process but to bundle it with a compulsory warrantee program is crazy!!

There look to be a few decent deals to be had .............. https://www.zabikers.co.za/bikes-for-sale/2011-harley-davidson-sportster-xl-1200-nightster/

But it seems I am going to have to exercise more patience again .... just had to replace our fridge now, car was giving problems, thought it was sorted, but this morning it reared it's ugly head again ... so more costs coming and we may just end up getting a new car instead .... so my "play money" on the bike is quickly disappearing again.

May just end up on a 125cc delivery bike at this rate :blink:

Also keep a eye on the www.metalheads.co.za site. They have really clean secondhand Harley's and have a good reputation.

Slight hijack

Does anyone know of A store in gauteng that sells quality leather jackets? Not biker jackets im just looking for a leatger jacket and cant seem to find a store around me that knows

Figured motorcyclists might know of a place that sells good biker jackets amd then i xould get a lead from there

TIA

Hmm, I seem to think there is one in craighall, or just down the road from hyde park...lemme check.

but if you go to the far west rand ( or east) I’m sure you can pock up a patch leather jacket for next to nothing...