Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Hairy, you certainly find clips right up my street. 

Pan America is north americas top selling ADV bike apparently. Sold out in 2021. 

:thumbup:

They apparently can not even keep up with demand for basics like the hard luggage for the Pan America.

Will be interesting to see how far they take than engine.
The Sportster S looks to have been received well, but you need to buy in the person looking for more classical cruiser looks which I understand will be what see coming soon.

Some reviewer also asked HD to please build a sports bike with that engine ..... What I thing would be interesting is if they take that to a 600/650CC engine dual purpose bike ... that would be interesting. Something to take on the Tennere or African Twin. Two bikes that also sold out really fast in the states.

37 minutes ago, Hairy said:

:thumbup:

They apparently can not even keep up with demand for basics like the hard luggage for the Pan America.

Will be interesting to see how far they take than engine.
The Sportster S looks to have been received well, but you need to buy in the person looking for more classical cruiser looks which I understand will be what see coming soon.

Some reviewer also asked HD to please build a sports bike with that engine ..... What I thing would be interesting is if they take that to a 600/650CC engine dual purpose bike ... that would be interesting. Something to take on the Tennere or African Twin. Two bikes that also sold out really fast in the states.

I like the looks of the new sportster. But will keep my current one. I ride sedately on my Harley so don’t need all the power etc. But I would like one. 

think Harley made some good decisions which have given them a new lease of life. Made some bold decisions when needed. And now I can go to the coffee bar at my dealer an drink free coffees again. Win win. 

Just now, IceCreamMan said:

I like the looks of the new sportster. But will keep my current one. I ride sedately on my Harley so don’t need all the power etc. But I would like one. 

think Harley made some good decisions which have given them a new lease of life. Made some bold decisions when needed. And now I can go to the coffee bar at my dealer an drink free coffees again. Win win. 

please expand on the free coffee deal you have going

52 minutes ago, Hairy said:

please expand on the free coffee deal you have going

My local dealer has a coffee bar. Tv playing Harley related footage. Magazines etc. I sometimes just go an chill and have a coffee or 2. Free. 

closed during covid but fully operational again. Considering how much I have dropped there on HD crap it’s not really free. ????

Hey Guys,

I had been kicked of this group a while ago, and since have not been able to re-load on Tapatalk...

Anyways, glad to hear all this chatter about HD, and still have loads of smiles on mine... ????

I also partake in the free coffee at my local dealer... it’s the only thing that’s free... mxm

On 8/31/2021 at 1:29 AM, Hairy said:

Despite having previously posted here to drool about the Norden, I will take this opportunity to do it again!

Number 2 on my dream bike list and likely more achievable than No. 1 (Husky 450 RR).

Along with Mike Horn, it seems like longtime KTM rider, Lyndon Poskitt will be promoting the Norden 901

8 hours ago, patches said:

Despite having previously posted here to drool about the Norden, I will take this opportunity to do it again!

Number 2 on my dream bike list and likely more achievable than No. 1 (Husky 450 RR).

Along with Mike Horn, it seems like longtime KTM rider, Lyndon Poskitt will be promoting the Norden 901

Makes sense that Lyndon is "on it", it is essentially a restyled/rebranded KTM 890.

7 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

So went to look at that gsxr400 and came home with another Gamma. I think I am a prodigal. (A lopsided one)

5582 kms in 38 years. 

B5E9E50D-BE5E-40A3-A00F-235EED4C8DDB.jpeg

NIce .... can we try an experiment ... go outside to take the pic again, but rotate your phone 180deg and then post here again.

Sure the pic is not the most scenic, or even well composed.

But none of that matters.

She took me to site yesterday in the rain, and to a rather awesome client this morning, and each and every ride is a good ride that leaves me smiling.

I filled up the tank yesterday and figured this morning that I should see how "economically" I could ride her. This was really going very until some stuuupid car kept racing past me at stupid speeds a bit after every traffic light ... I would filter through and then ride in a civilised manner and this chop screams past and cuts in.

We end up next to each other at the next light and I just wanted to get away from him, pull away at a reasonable pace and he then comes in again the same as before ......... opened up the HD, slammed through the gears and there was no way he could keep up, though he did try. I did get away from this chop though from then on, so all was good and well.

image.png.517106789c7d7625f0cb89ec54001c9d.png