Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

So she was safe and sound when I picked her up today :)

Must say, I really love riding this bike......just wanted to keep going and miss the turn off to home.

20211112_120921.jpg

Bad ass looking scoot

5 hours ago, Hairy said:

Must say, I really love riding this bike......just wanted to keep going and miss the turn off to home.

20211112_120921.jpg

That’s a sweet looking ride right there.. ????????

So a mix of city riding and a bit of open road with a slightly heavy throttle wrist gives me 250/270km from a full tank to the low fuel warning light comes one.

Taking that into account, a safe distance between stops is 200-250km.

Given the above, and the stop schedule options below, a trip from CT to WHK is definitely a possibility on the Fat Bob.

Will just raise that screen a little more for wind protection and boom.

image.png.c0cfee106b8327eab4a21b91c9189565.png

On 11/11/2021 at 12:04 PM, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

You guys are assuming anyone would want to steal a Harley though....... Hairy is safe I reckon, maybe add tassles for even more cringe factor.

P.S: all of the above is in Comic Sans.

Pink ones be good hey……no one nick the bike…….well maybe a Guatie Girl Guide. Kidding right, I fancy one of those XR 1200 Harley’s……..beauts!

On 11/11/2021 at 5:33 PM, dirtypot said:

Half of the adventure is breaking down in the middle of nowhere and trying to figure out how to sort it out :lol:

You know, I head off on my Katoom 1190 on my own through vast very quiet area’s yet in the back of my mind is this………..reliability, buggar, you hear so many stories yet……..much knocking on wood, my Katoom has proven to be remarkable! I would use that beast for any trip around SA.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:58 PM, Hairy said:

So a mix of city riding and a bit of open road with a slightly heavy throttle wrist gives me 250/270km from a full tank to the low fuel warning light comes one.

Taking that into account, a safe distance between stops is 200-250km.

Given the above, and the stop schedule options below, a trip from CT to WHK is definitely a possibility on the Fat Bob.

Will just raise that screen a little more for wind protection and boom.

image.png.c0cfee106b8327eab4a21b91c9189565.png

Hairy buy yourself some extra fuel carriers. i use a 5 litre Dessert Fox roll bag. Ner neede it yet but it adds peace of mind. There are RotoPacks for hard panniers too. Honestly the 5 l roll pack is a good option.

On 11/12/2021 at 2:29 PM, Hairy said:

20211112_120921.jpg

Did you pay for parking? 

10 hours ago, Spokey said:

Hairy buy yourself some extra fuel carriers. i use a 5 litre Dessert Fox roll bag. Ner neede it yet but it adds peace of mind. There are RotoPacks for hard panniers too. Honestly the 5 l roll pack is a good option.

Thanks, I did go looking yesterday at some rigid 5 and 10L fuel cans .... cheap and cheerful  pricing at Midas. Will get a 5L should I manage to pull this trip off as cheap insurance, and then hopefully not have to use it.

2 hours ago, i24 said:

Did you pay for parking? 

Yip (well I get refunded as it was a work trip, so it does not bother me) .... do you not normally pay with a motorbike?

18 minutes ago, sawystertrance said:

Careful with that Hairy. Remember what happened to Itchy..

I am going to assume her jerry can saw a lot more abuse and action than mine ever would on a tar road :P

On 11/4/2021 at 3:53 PM, Andrew_Smith said:

This bike would be "impossible" for normal people to ride.